Opeth

they played the cockpit! that surprises me cos i never heard! the cockpits generally a twatish emo venue aswell... yeh i think opeth are too big... theyre bigger than bodom and bodom are headlining so i cant see it happening... one for the future though definately...

Jonoleth said:
they played the cockpit! that surprises me cos i never heard! the cockpits generally a twatish emo venue aswell... yeh i think opeth are too big... theyre bigger than bodom and bodom are headlining so i cant see it happening... one for the future though definately...
Hahaa jono thats so true...i remember also when the haunted and arch enemy played there too!!!!

Madness...

Say No To Emo!!!!!! :D

indeed... not that id complain if more decent metal badns did play around leeds.. seems that if you want metal you have to travel to london all the time and i just cant afford that... maybe the cockpit should turn to the glory of metal!

Jonoleth said:
indeed... not that id complain if more decent metal badns did play around leeds.. seems that if you want metal you have to travel to london all the time and i just cant afford that... maybe the cockpit should turn to the glory of metal!
Thats very true indeed i shouldnt be complaining!. Ive just my first attempt at promotion myself for some of the local bands I know. So far things look real good for it. I decided it was time i put on a gig seeing as the day Ill be puttin on will fall on me 25th B Day!

catharsis i cant really see the link with opeth and paradise lost... fo a start opeth arent a bunch of moody wankwrs but hey... tis your opinion if you dont like the music...
stormwarrior where abouts are you promoting and what bands? im intrigued that there is anything remotely metallic going on in leeds?

Jono well theres a venue called the bassment whom i know the manager of so he gave me the place for free for the night and said id really only have to pay for door staff and the sound engineer.

The bands are really just local and most of them I know. i just decided to have a change and see if I could try and put a gig but people are wanting me to do it more regular so if this all goes well then ill sure think about puttin more know bands on the future.

http://www.rawnervepromotions.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=3;t=8991

Thats the link to the flyer if you wanna check it out.

:)

wow, ill definately be there if gore are playing, ive been trying to catch them live for a while now after hearing the CD, missed them in wakefield cos i was on holiday, i was severely gutted ill tell you... ill be sure to pencil that date in...

I'd like to se Opeth play BS04 too.

I wouldn't say they were too big but since the headliner has already been announced they might be too expensive to fit in lower down the bill.

Still, I wouldn't complain.

Oh Mulk, I'm just checkin' out your flyer. Pretty good stuff!!

Bloodbath bore me a bit, too standard, though I suppose that's the idea!
I would love to see them live, was gutted I missed them in Bradford last year. But still I doubt it will happen at this BS.

Opeth have pretty wide fan-base now I think. At the Shepherd's Bush show there were folks wearing Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree shirts (for fairly obvious reasons), plus those wearing Manowar and a huge range of other bands. I don't think that they are 'too big' yet to play Bloodstock. Hell there were only a thousand or so at Shepherds Buch for the DVD filming.

and while we're talking about Swedes - what about Pain of Salvation?

I think Opeth would be awesome at Bloodstock, I think they would fit into the mixture of bands and genre that the fest provides. On this note, can I also put forward votes for Ephel Duath, now they would be worth seeing in the UK!

i cant see that Opeth would be too big , i meen come on Saxon and Nightwish last year , opeth are not as big as them , id also love too see LOST HORIZON they were fuckin awsome at Wacken a couple of years back and the album is a must . a big extreme UK name would be cool too like NAPALM or AKERCOKEDOKIEBLOKIE

4WK: Napalm and Akercoke are both superb live acts, definately worth includeing.

Joan: ED are amazing, I'd love too see them live and since they've only played in this country once then I'm sure they'd like another oppertunity.

J5S: Yup:)