opeths most random lines

synergy

tr00bie
Sep 2, 2003
Long Island
Visit site
with these interpretations goin around i was thinking someone might be in the mood to interpret this line which has completely confused me since I first heard it......From Godheads Lament -

"Sly smile, poisoned glare behind
Undisguised manmade nova
Mute cry, don't dare to tread
Searing beams tracking you down"

an awesome part of the song but its always confused me...feel free to share other confusing lines

I can't think of any good ones off the top of my head, aside from this one:

Dying
I am dying fast inside your tears

- Bleak

Dying fast inside your tears? That doesn't really make sense to me. He only says "I'm dying fast" when they play it live... Maybe he doesn't like the line anymore. I think "I'm dying, reflected in your tears" would be a cool line, but I'm not the writer.

I thought it was "dying fast inside your kiss"...I dont really feel like looking it up though right now. Yes, I am that lazy.

It is kiss, still doesnt make sense, but whatever, makes it more interesting that way, than if he just said, "Im depressed cause my girlfriend dumped me"

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
It is kiss, still doesnt make sense, but whatever, makes it more interesting that way, than if he just said, "Im depressed cause my girlfriend dumped me"
bullshit. It's '...dying fast inside your tears.'
Makes plenty of sense really, from a poetic point of view. It's like the girl being murdered is cyring as she takes her last breath, and the murderers cold stare, reflected in her tears, is the last thing she sees as she dies.

As far as I'm concerned, Bleak has some of the best lyrics I've ever read.

I've got one, this bugs me a lot! But it's really "cool" also.
The two last verses from Forest of October:

The forest of October
Sleeps silent when I depart
The web of time
Hides my last trace

My blaze travel the last universe
Like the sights of magic
Wrapped in aeons
My mind is one with my soul
I fall alone
While leaves fall from the weeping trees

BLackwater86 said:
with these interpretations goin around i was thinking someone might be in the mood to interpret this line which has completely confused me since I first heard it......From Godheads Lament -

"Sly smile, poisoned glare behind
Undisguised manmade nova
Mute cry, don't dare to tread
Searing beams tracking you down"

an awesome part of the song but its always confused me...feel free to share other confusing lines
Sly smile-He's got plans to kill.

Poison glare behind- isn't going to hide his intentions anymore

Undisguised...nova- a nova, explosion/death of a star represents the violence that is soon to erupt. Eventually matter left behind from a star collapses and becomes a black hole, eating everything away. Maybe he's considering the plan or he has made his decision and the anticipation is eating him away.

Mute cry dot dare to tread- hm. hard part ... silent "cry" for help? maybe his conscious is speaking to him but he bottles it up with "don't dare to tread"

the next line is self explanatory.

mysweetdeath said:
Sly smile-He's got plans to kill.

Poison glare behind- isn't going to hide his intentions anymore

Undisguised...nova- a nova, explosion/death of a star represents the violence that is soon to erupt. Eventually matter left behind from a star collapses and becomes a black hole, eating everything away. Maybe he's considering the plan or he has made his decision and the anticipation is eating him away.

Mute cry dot dare to tread- hm. hard part ... silent "cry" for help? maybe his conscious is speaking to him but he bottles it up with "don't dare to tread"

the next line is self explanatory.

I really like this. I think a lot of Opeth's random lines are just using non-literal wording, symbolism and stuff, so they seem more ambiguous than they actually are. Then again, maybe some of them are pure bullshit? Mike seems like he has a pretty good grasp on the language.

Demonspell said:
Some of the lyrics on Blackwater Park appear to be random, although they fit the hell on earth imagery of the song.
stuart_packer.jpg