Opeth's Tour

Valerie

¯\(ツ)/¯
Aug 29, 2005
Well, I'm supposed to see Opeth at the Fillmore in San Francisco Tuesday evening, but as most of you know the first 3 dates of the tour have been cancelled/postponed because there's been a delay in getting the band's work visas through. The first two dates will most likely be rescheduled, but hopefully the SF date will still happen. My question is, is it very difficult to get visas to just do a tour? What complications can there be, and how long does it normally take to get a visa through?

Well Glenn Harveston, the Prog-Power USA promoter, arranges the bands (nine out of ten were European this year) six plus months ahead of time so that things like that can be sure to be worked out. It's got to be a pretty big hassle at this current time in the United States.

LadyValerie said:
Well, I'm supposed to see Opeth at the Fillmore in San Francisco Tuesday evening, but as most of you know the first 3 dates of the tour have been cancelled/postponed because there's been a delay in getting the band's work visas through. The first two dates will most likely be rescheduled, but hopefully the SF date will still happen. My question is, is it very difficult to get visas to just do a tour? What complications can there be, and how long does it normally take to get a visa through?

That's funny, I live like one block away from the Fillmore.

Visa's are sometimes hard to come by. Most people who attain Visa's use it for schooling or work. To get a visa so you can tour with your band isn't considered a very "important" reason. Plus, there are only a certain amount of Visa's that can be given out. So yeah, it can make things difficult for a metal band.