Opinions, help and advice on this mix

Cheers beyond dead, For the drums we used a not so great set of drum mics, to be honest, on the toms and two condensors overhead, but used an AKG 112 on the kick and an sm57 on the snare. I replaced the kick with a cubase kick, (must get good drum software lik dkfh) and that was it. I have such a long way to go and this is really only the start. Got a pod xt so I must start using that on guitar and drum triggers are on the way, But what do most people use for drums, is it triggers or mics, or a mix of both? I'm completely new at this so any advice is welcome. For the guitar i just mic'd up a marshall AVT running through a 1960A, Not the best gear I know, but I know i should be able to get better quality than I am.........advice or tips??

Well the cool thing is that you don't need to use triggers, cuz you can record the track with a mic and if you decide you wanna use a sample you can use that audio track as a trigger using free programs like KTDrumtrigger

Cheers Metaltastic, I got the program and its amazing, it already added so much to the songs, just need to learn now how to get good drum sounds, thanks again
Sean