Opinions on Sepultura from Chaos Ad to present

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Anyone like any Sepultura album since Chaos Ad? I know alot of metal fans hate everything Sepultura has done either since Chaos Ad- or hate everything since Roots.

Personally I really like Chaos AD- and have to give praise for Sepultura for attempting roots- which is interesting in the attempt at totally fusing Tribal, Hardcore, and metal- yet it is nothing more than mediocre in my opinion. I find Against to be pretty awful. However, I really like Nation, I love the fact they started to hone the Hardcore style- as well as the many other influences such as classical guitar, and reggae- I think it is unfairly criticized. Just my two cents worth- I was wondering what everyone else thought.

speed said:
Anyone like any Sepultura album since Chaos Ad? I know alot of metal fans hate everything Sepultura has done either since Chaos Ad- or hate everything since Roots.

Personally I really like Chaos AD- and have to give praise for Sepultura for attempting roots- which is interesting in the attempt at totally fusing Tribal Hardcore and metal- yet it is nothing more than mediocre in my opinion. I find Against to be pretty awful. However, I really like Nation, I love the fact they started to hone the Hardcore style- as well as the many other influences such as classical guitar, and reggae- I think it is unfairly criticized. Just my two cents worth- I was wondering what everyone else thought.

I WAS a big Sepultura fan. I lost interest after "Roots," which like you said, was pretty mediocre.

Haven't heard "Nation" yet.

Same here, I WAS a big Sepultura fan before Roots came out. Roots was kinda boring and that was during the time that they were trying everything possible to sound "Korn-ish" , and become Nu-Metal. Ross Robinson and Limp Bizkit’s DJ Lethal even produced their record, and recorded in the same studio Korn did and had Jon Davis sing on the record! This is where I think they sold out. They couldn't have been more on Korn's nuts if they had moved in with them! I still love BTR , Arise, and Chaos AD. Those are still great records. But honestly , I am no longer buying their records , I'm not even downloading them.

coronerox said:
I agree with hiddenlegions, and TL....
I WAS a big Sepultura fan.....until Chaos A.D. after that they fucked up with their music......and they're dead, IMO.......

Thats were I stand also...........they went for an way over "tribal "sound, instead of what made them successful in the first place, heavy groove driven guitar, & great thrash songs. After they choose another singer(instead of Chuck Billy), I knew they were totally on the decline..........and a waste of time. To compare old Sepultura, to the new Supultura is impossible, their 2 different bands. The old becoming classic(first 3 albums) :heh: , while the new Seputura lingers a slow, painful death............ :heh:

On a funny note, and no disrespect meant... a friend once referred to their present sound as "OOGA BOOGA!"

Terrible, ain't it?
lol.gif

I love Chaos AD and Roots is good..I really like Rattamahata..different is good in my book (most of the time) I saw them on the Arise tour and again on the Chaos AD tour..both times they owned the stage! I loved when they would all come out and play the drums and sound all tribal. I also saw them on the Against tour..(a friend bought my ticket or I wouldn't have gone...I miss Max
mad.gif
) they were actually pretty darn good..and Derrick pulled off the vocals on the old stuff really well..I still hate Against though...

Testament Legions said:
On a funny note, and no disrespect meant... a friend once referred to their present sound as "OOGA BOOGA!"

Terrible, ain't it?
lol.gif

How funny, in my last post I was going to mention that a good friend of mine calls Sepultura's and Soulfly's sound to "Pogo-Stick-Rock" (ie: jumping up and down tribal dancing)
lol.gif

I was a fan just like many others but with "Roots" I've lost my interest...Roots is not a bad album but it ain't Sepultura in my opinion...

so keep to listen to Beneath The Remains, Arise and other masterpieces!:devil:

Chaos & Roots both had some really heavy moments, but I don't spin em that often. I didn't like Against, and I haven't heard the one after... can't get into "Sepulderricka". Most people seem to prefer Arise, but my favorite has always been Schizophrenia. Riff-o-rama!!!

well as many of you agaisnt and natio sucks but i got revolusongs ep and i think its pretty good , sepultura covering u2, devo, hellhammer, exodus (piranha), the only song that sucjks there is the public enemy cover!!!!!!!! and a friend tell me that the new cd called roorback is good!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: