opinions on this one?

joshman

May 15, 2002
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
welt2.jpg

The band gave me this picture of a raven on an iron cross and said they wanted to use the raven but to have it on a different stone, so I made a whole little scene. Any opinions?

yeah the bird is pretty damn big, but it's what the band wants(although the stone is actually quite small).. huge triumphant stark raven.. it's what the whole release is directed towards anyway, w/o the bird, wouldnt make sens. I appreciate everyones thoughts!

study how birds sit. are there legs? does the band want the bird to look like its laying an egg or standing? or nesting.

its kinda greyed all over. a splash of something to spark interest? red or something? depends on the band's themes I suppose. good look overall

actually the bird was sitting on something else at the same angle and what not and was just clipped off of that that and onto the gravestone, which was shot at the same angle.. so no nesting here.. image of the bird was provided to me from the band so.. hehe

and about using a blue tone.. yeah that would look cool (though it would look too much like a katatonia cover).. i would actually like to do a brownish tone.. but its only a two color job, either the black and blue/brown or black with silver..they chose the silver

thanks for the thoughts!