opinions wanted on rough mix

unsilpauly

Jun 9, 2004
northampton, ma
www.borninblood.com
hi there guys. this is a project i am currently working on. the name of the band is within the ruins and they are a local metalcore band. i am pleased with the way it is coming along, but the criticism on this board is very useful so im interested in what you guys hear. the link is:
http://www.borninblood.com/audio.cfm?go=1&component=music-download&id=45358
let me know if there are any problems with the link. thanks in advance fellas.

Same here... vox and oh... although I would bring up the whole drumkit a bit... and the overall freq balance seems somewhat strange to me (not saying it's bad, just strange)... maybe a bit too "mid oriented"...

I agree with the comments on the drums....and the vocals being weird. It's hard to hear the articulation in the vocals and the guitar solo (moreso with the solo). You can tell they are there, but figuring out whats going on for sure is hard.

hey guys, thanx to those who have replied so far. your opinions are right on for sure. i think overall the sound may have been thinned out by the encoding when i uploaded it to my server. im gonna try to figure out how to post an uncompressed version when i redo the mix. once again thanx alot for the comments.