ordering cds

Petethedrummer

Sonata Arctica fan
Sep 25, 2002
Long Island, USA
Visit site
Since we get !0% off from the end records, i figured i use some birthday cash and buy cds....now i have a large list...and want to cut off about half...but i dont mind adding some either...can anyone tell me what they think of some of the cds, or maybe if theres a better cd by that particular band that i should get instead? thanks

FINNTROLL - Jacktens Tid
EDGUY - Theater Of Salvation
ENSIFERUM - S/T
ANGRA - Fireworks
KING'S X - Manic Moonlight
SYMPHONY X - Live On The Edge Of Forever
VIRTUOCITY - Secret Visions
NORTHER - Dreams Of Endless War
FREEDOM CALL - Stairway To Fairyland
VANDEN PLAS - Colour Temple SPECIAL EDIT
DREAMEVIL - Dragonslayer
SHAMAN - The Ritual
SUIDAKRA - Emprise To Avalon
DREAMTALE - Beyond Reality
CHILDREN OF BODOM - Tokyo Warhearts
DIONYSUS - Sign Of Truth

From the End i would say pick up some hypo cds and Emperor cds if you dont already have them, your list is up to you man its what you like.

I''m not as much into the power metal stuff as you appear to be but I do have the Shaman CD. I think it's pretty damn good so you will probably enjoy it. But that's only one of the bunch you put up there. Oh yeah, and what I've heard of the Dionysus, it's pretty good too.

power metal is my favorite...then prog...then whatever Children of Bodom and Inflames fit into....

im not sure how good the folk metal is, but i love spinefarm, and i figured its the best label ever, so i might as well support them and buy some random cds that i only heard a few clips from

NO! THEY ARE 10x BETTER! AT LEAST! Stratovarius heard sonata arctica when they were like really young, but then kidnapped all the people from SA until they got popular. Somehow they escaped and started releasing cds and they're still better!

get king's x and children of bodom. both are good. haen't heard those others

also get Agalloch's pale folklore and the mantle.

I am also a power Metal fan first and then I like others. From your list I would take out these:

ANGRA - Fireworks
NORTHER - Dreams Of Endless War
VANDEN PLAS - Colour Temple SPECIAL EDIT
CHILDREN OF BODOM - Tokyo Warhearts

they are not terrible but probably not worth having IMO. Better to buy some more newer stuff lik Firewind - Between heaven and hell which you will love to death if you haven't got it already that is.

I hate powermetal, and I think your whole list sucks. However, from looking at your tastes, you might at least try these:

Arcturus 'The Sham Mirror'
Agalloch 'The Mantle'
Green Carnation 'Light of Day, Day of Darkness'

. . . oh, and be a man. Get something heavy like Ulver 'Nattens Madrigal' or Napalm Death. Jeez . . . you'll have to grow some hair on your balls someday.

Edguy's Theater is good, but you substitute either Vain Glory Opera or Mandrake as well

If you're into Angra, check out the Shaman "Ritual" album. Fireworks is a good choice.

I would caution you on the Symphony X live...it's a great album, but kind of a waste unless you're a die-hard Symphony X fan and collector. A band as technical as them pretty much sound the same live as on the studio albums. Just my opinion...