Post Your Holiday Haul!!

Old Man's Child - Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion
Old Man's Child - In Defiance Of Existance
Vintersorg - Odemarkens Son
Skyfire - Timeless Departure
Tomas Bodin - Sonic Boulevard
Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
Sun Caged

WHOO BIATCH, MY HAUL IS BETTER THAN YOURS.

Pain of Salvation- The Perfect Element
Opeth-Damnation
Evergrey- In Search of Truth

Symphony X "The Odyssey" T-shirt
Symphony X beanie hat
A couple of nice shirts

This gift is for the family, but nevertheless I'll be using it more than anyone else: a digital camera
Adobe Photoshop

CDs:
SX - The Odyssey Limited Edition
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul Reissue
Opeth - Blackwater Park and Deliverence
Shadows Fall - The Art Of Balance
Stratovarius - Elements Pt1

DVD:
Family Guy Season 3

Shirts:
In Flames
Blind Guardian

and some other miscellaneus things.

I asked for (and actually got) these 2 CD's from my wife:

Evergrey - Recreation Day
Threshold - Hypothetical

I was kind of surprised with Threshold, as this is much more of a straight forward metal album than I was expecting. I had only heard "Light & Space" before getting it. I was expecting something more technical. I have to listen to it more before I can make a judgement. I've only hear the title track and song #1 off the Evergrey CD so far, but I like "Rec. Day" and I liked the first soong as well. It really reminds me of something I've heard before though. Can't put my finger on it yet...

I agree. It doesn't need to be technical to be good. I was just expecting something more technical. I had only heard "Light & Space" and "Falling Away" before getting the album. For some reason I didn't think it would be a traditional metal album. Like I said, I have to hear it again a few times before I can make up my mind on it. I like what I've hear but nothing has sunken in fully yet.

Funny, even my 5 year old daughter loves the song "Light & Space". She especially likes the keyboards at the begging. She calls it the "weird sounding duh, duh, duh part". :)

I got Threshold´s "Hypothetical" a couple of days before Christmas via Amazon and I like it very much. "Light and Space" is one of the best songs from the album, in my opinion, along with "Oceanbound" (just can´t get that damn chorus outta my head!! o_O ) and the two longtracks "The Ravages of Time" and "Narcissus".

My relatives seem to have problems finding the music I like, so I asked for like 50 CD's and got 2. Lots of money, though, so I made a few orders to amazon.com, cduniverse.com, and cdbaby.com on Dec 26th. :)

I agree with some of the comments about Threshold, they put the emphasis on songwriting and keep the indulgent playing to a minimum. However, I think there are moments that prove their prog credentials, like the title track on Critical Mass.