Original GREAT WHITE Bassist LORNE BLACK Dies

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Original GREAT WHITE bassist Lorne Black has died. He appeared on the band's 1984 self-titled debut, 1986's "Shot In The Dark" and 1987's "Once Bitten…".Original GREAT WHITE singer Jack Russell, who is currently touring with a version of the band calling itself JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE, has posted the following statement: "It is with great sadness that we have been informed of the passing of Lorne Black yesterday [Friday, September 27]! Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. "Lorne was a huge part of the first incarnation of GREAT WHITE! May he rest in peace."Added GREAT WHITE guitarist Mark Kendall: "I saw [Lorne's] cousin Robert a few months ago and we were in touch. Robert told me Lorne wasn't too good then. "I lost Robert's number when I changed phones, which bums me out. He used to work for us. "I loved Lorne and I am truly sad to get this news. I know he has battle demons for along time and I am so sad to hear of his passing. "RIP, my friend..."Lorne Black can be seen standing on the left in the photo below.
GreatWhiteRecoveryLive.jpg

More...