Original Katatonia Art

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
Well, I designed my first cover art that is 100% by me...not using stock images or anything like that.

This bridge is near my home and when I took a shot of it immediately I visualized in my mind it could be very Katatonia-like. So I decided to work it out and see what I could come up with and this here was the result - based on all the tracks NOT included on Katatonia albums.

Any feedback would be great. Do you feel it captures the Katatonia feel or not?

Hope you guys like! :) Cheers!

Front Cover

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back Cover

Thanks for the feedback, guys! :)
So, if anyone wants a cd cover designed give me a shout haha. ;)

Kendrick: That's totally the reaction I was hoping for. Thanks!

Angelina: :) Thanks, Mariana! Yeah, Tonight's Decision for sure...somehow, I think I see a bit of Natural Disaster as well...mainly the frozen water section in the bottom left. Thanks.

MadTinus: Hell yeah! The great Trav! Nice to be compared to him...of course no question I am influenced by the guy. And yeah, I just realized the thing about the spines AFTER I already printed it out lol. Oh well, it ain't too bad...I guess I'll live.

Silent P: Thanks!

Lisra: Thanks!

Requim: Yeah, that's exactly why I did this...instead of ripping them from the cd and burning the songs with the albums I thought it was a better idea to give the tracks its own compilation. I hate popping in the EP just to listen to, say, Unfurl...and that's it!
Good thing with Katatonia is that they have enough B-side to make an entire album out of....and what rocks is that the material is so strong that when put together is probably on par with their best albums haha. :headbang: Good times!

Here's a pic of the art in the jewel case...ugh, as always it never turns out as great in print as on the monitor.

If anyone wants it in hi-rez just pm me. :p