Original progressive metal!

Warlus_Of_Doom

New Metal Member
Sep 10, 2014
soundcloud.com
Hey!
I made this today and was so happy with the outcome, I thought I'd like to share it here :headbang:

If you have any criticism or comments, I'd be interested to hear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed that! I envy people who can mix like that.
Post some gear specs, I bet people would be interested in how you get your sound.

Thanks guys! :worship: I'm flattered.

Really enjoyed that! I envy people who can mix like that.
Post some gear specs, I bet people would be interested in how you get your sound.

I use Logic Pro 9 as my DAW and record through an M-Audio FastTrack Pro audio interface. Currently I use EZdrummer (1) for my drums, but I'll soon upgrade to Superior Drummer.

For my guitar tone I use Peavey Revalver MK.III.V with an external cab impulse called MB OS 4x12 V30 57 07, which is included in this pack: http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2850

I use a Gibson SG and an Yamaha RBX-375 in most of my recordings.

If anyone is interested in the precise settings I use, I can share my preset :)

Waves Supercharger GT compressor also plays a major role in my mixes, especially on drums and bass. It also has an awesome saturator that I use all the time.

Feel free to ask more questions!

Awesome dude. That's the sort of stuff that gear heads wanna hear!
People get crazy good tones out of amp sims, but most people with a killer tone can get that tone out of ANYTHING.
Really surprised you use an SG though.... Freaky. ;-)

Really surprised you use an SG though.... Freaky. ;-)

Haha, yea when I bought the SG I was pretty young and lacked knowledge about guitars and stuff, so a Gibson SG seemed like a reliable choice. I still love it to this day though! I love its sound, feel and looks, and playing it inspires me to compose. Besides, it's good to have something out of the ordinary in your equipment :)