orlando ruled!!!!!

DoctorAcula

Oct 28, 2003
WA
www.getphpbb.com
well i heard the horror stories about atl and clearwater, and when there wasnt that many people in for the opening bands i was a little worried, but it was all good because anthrax rules and put on a killer killer show.....indians, belly of the beast, nfl, be all end all.....very old school night, it ruled.

the meet and greet afterwards was awesome as well and solidified in my mind that anthrax are the coolest fucking people in a band today...with everything they do on the website, and the availability they show the fans and then on top of that, have a cool meet and greet.....

thank you anthrax for a great show and a great time!

tim

http://www.garageband.com/artist/dyewyze

I was at the show and it did indeed rule. Got to meet everyone and had them all sign one of Charlie's drum heads. I got to speak to John Bush before and after the show. There is a short list of people in this world that I want to meet and he was one of them. Also got to speak to Rob alot before the show and ask him about his great job producing on the record, about the awesome solo on "Ghost" that he played and why that song wasn't on WCFYA. He agreed that it should have been there and that Charlie's drumming on that song is awesome as well. He is as cool a guy as everyone has said he is. An awesome addition to one of the best bands on Earth. Good crowd, GREAT performance, and the meet and greet was cool as hell. Got to ask Frankie why they didn't play "Next To You" so he could take over the vocals for a song. He got a huge kick out of that and said....."You've heard that song????" Cool M'Fer.

A full review to come as soon as my ears stop ringing and my overwhelming desire to take a nap at my work desk goes away.

ANTHRAX kicked my ass..............

I'd say there were probably 400-500 people there. Not bad for a Wednesday night and with very little promotion. The crowd was good. Mosh Pit, Crowd surfing..........all the requirements for an official Anthrax show.

yeah 500ish sounds about right once anthrax started.....i guess people were late, which is cool, they didnt miss much...

the opening bands prbably had 50 to 100 people watching them.....

anthrax did get the people in though, which is good....

5 billion dead were pretty good i thought.. the rhythm section was a little weak sounding....the bass player just played half notes for most of it...but they were cool....

i really liked it when anthrax busted out with whiplash.........too fucking cool

Amazing show... Big surprises (Be All, End All / Antisocial / Got The Time)... WOW. It was definitely an old school night. Even my girlfriend (Celine Dion/John Mayer fan) had a good time. She was impressed with how good the music was and how good a singer John was even though she had not ever heard them before. She also added on the way home:
John - "He is a good singer, but he scares me a little and has bad posture"
Scott - "He would be cuter if he shaved that goatee."
Frank - "I hate his hair, he needs to do something about it."
Rob - "Somebody needs to tell him that mohawks are out of style."
Charlie - "He is so cute. He is the only normal looking one."
Needless to say I almost pissed my pants laughing...chicks....

It doesn't really matter about Scott. His girl Pearl digs him, so that's all that matters and if he digs the goat and she digs the goat, then fuck it. He has tough nutz for having it. I wish to God I could grow my facial hair but my job doesn't allow it.

AlexStomp said:
It doesn't really matter about Scott. His girl Pearl digs him, so that's all that matters and if he digs the goat and she digs the goat, then fuck it. He has tough nutz for having it. I wish to God I could grow my facial hair but my job doesn't allow it.
oh, I know. I inform the females Scott has a rich girlfriend. John, Frank and Charlie are married. And Rob...I don't know what he's up to. I heard Charlie has a thing for 15-year old girls though.

This was my first Anthrax show. It was pretty cool. It would have been nice if there was a bigger crowd though. Was Clearwater about the same? All the guys I saw who tried surfing fell straight to the floor.

It was cool getting to meet them all. I think I pissed Scott off when i pinched him but John was cool. They all signed my uniform. I was told that I would have gotten in some shit if I had worn it to work. The Post Office is very touchy.

Does anybody know why they weren't at Guavaween? That would have been wild. There's always Livestock. SIX MONTHS!!!!

I didn't get to catch them on Carson but the tech guy at work did. In his opinion, only one of the guys knew how to play but he doesn't know who's who.

yeah john new the words....all they did was the first verse and chorus, and when everyone screamed "whiplash!" they ended it...

i thought it was a really cool touch, letting the metal community know that there is still a band out there that believes in those words ( and can still play the song....)

hey-
does anyone know the setlist from the orlando show? i think i have all the songs but i can't remember what order they played them in...by the way...from a girl's point of view...scott's goat is hot.

DoctorAcula said:
5 billion dead were pretty good i thought.. the rhythm section was a little weak sounding....the bass player just played half notes for most of it...but they were cool....

:yell: OUCH!!!
I'm the Bass Player for 5BD... Weak Sounding??? That hurts...
To each his own I guess... To tell you the truth, I was having a lot of problems on stage with the monitors being mixed all wrong, on top of being so PSYCHED about playing the House of Blues in front of our IDOLS ANTHRAX... I just remember being on stage thinking... "Don't fuck up, Don't fuck up, Don't fuck up!"... No excuses though, I'll just hafta try harder...

anthraxrocksmyworld said:
hey-
does anyone know the setlist from the orlando show? i think i have all the songs but i can't remember what order they played them in...by the way...from a girl's point of view...scott's goat is hot.

Hope I didn't stab anybody in the back trying to write this down while in the middle of the pit.

What Doesn't Die
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
Room For One More
SafeHome
Anti-Social
Belly of the Beast
Refuse to be Denied
NFL
Only

Be All, End All
Indians
Bring the Noise
Adrenaline starts to flow, your thrashing all around, acting like a maniac..........

They had Metal Thrashing Mad on their setlist, but didn't play it. I would have fuckin FREAKED if they did.