OT Adrian Erlanddson Leaves Cradle Of Filth

Pman

Feb 18, 2006
UK
www.facebook.com
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=62236

After months of rumors and speculation, British extreme metallers CRADLE OF FILTH have officially confirmed the departure of drummer Adrian Erlandsson. According to an official press release, "Erlandsson has found that his two side projects NEEDLEYE and NEMHAIN are taking up more and more of his time and has made the decision to leave COF so he can concentrate more of his energies on them."

Commented Adrian: "I have enjoyed my time with CRADLE but it is now time to move on. I feel I am going out on a high as 'Thornography' is definitely our best album to date."

Over the course of the last few months, rumors of Adrian's departure have been gaining strength, with several "in-the-know" parties claiming that Adrian was fired from the group just days before they were to sign a new publishing deal. As a result, it was reported (but not officially confirmed) that Erlandsson was relegated to the status of a "session" member (whereby he was paid only for time worked and was not entitled to any publishing or artist royalties), a situation which was rumored to have strained his relationship with the band's frontman Dani Davey (a.k.a. Dani Filth).

In the last few weeks, Erlandsson — a native Swede who was in AT THE GATES and THE HAUNTED prior to joining CRADLE OF FILTH — has been getting increasingly involved in outside projects — such as NEMHAIN (which is fronted by Erlandsson's wife, fetish model Morrigan Hel; a.k.a. Amber England) and NEEDLEYE — culminating in his non-appearance in CRADLE OF FILTH's new video for the song "Temptation".

At The Gates reunion, anyone?

My friends and I actually met Anders at Ozzfest a few years ago and asked him about an At The Gates reunion. He said it wasn't likely but you never knew what could happen. I would personally crap myself if they did a reunion. Wow that would be great. Anyway...

There's an article about possible band reunions that mentions ATG (and Carcass) a lot and has interviews about it in a recent "Decibal" (Isis on the cover) Doesn't seem like it will happen. :(

I hope ATG doesn't reform. I still consider Slaughter of the soul one of the best albums of all time, and there is just no way that they'll ever make an album of that caliber again.

Let's hope that they can rest in peace instead of being desecrated by some half-assed reunion!

I hope ATG doesn't reform. I still consider Slaughter of the soul one of the best albums of all time, and there is just no way that they'll ever make an album of that caliber again.

Let's hope that they can rest in peace instead of being desecrated by some half-assed reunion!

Might not be the best forum around to be slating old bands reforming

With all these metalcore bands ripping off ATG and doing a half-ass job of it, and considering that I never got the chance to see ATG back in the day, I'd love it if they simply reunited for a tour and perhaps a DVD filming. They could probably make a shitload of money too.

With all these metalcore bands ripping off ATG and doing a half-ass job of it, and considering that I never got the chance to see ATG back in the day, I'd love it if they simply reunited for a tour and perhaps a DVD filming. They could probably make a shitload of money too.

I second that! A lot of metalcore bands are watering down melodic death metal, and it loosing the aggression and balls that bands like At The Gates and Dark Tranquility, and the first In Flames albums had. I guess all the tight pants and shirts now-days kills the aggression factor.

But yeah, At The Gates live would rock :headbang: