.:OT:. Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) video - cool stuff

Man, I wish I would have gotten a black one with white pinstripes like his friend is using. I have a USA RR-1 that is white with black pinstripes. It looks classy as fuck, but the black with white stripes is so much sexier IMO.

~006

Alexis' buddy is playing a true custom shop with some type of celtic/cross inlays and it is bad ass. pointy heads, real floyds, 24 fret neckthru sharky wankplanks.. it gets no better. =)

I'm just a nutboy for all things jackson/charvel... (usa and san dimas respectively.. i dont care for the korean stuff too much).

Yeah, I was totally in love with Roope's Jackson there for the longest time and it was also obvious to me, by that video there that he's a better guitarist than Alexi (don't mind that little fuck-up when he does the sweep).

I really liked the cross inlays... but then I got the Hellraiser which has even better cross inlays, so I'm happy.

Btw, those models they're using... they were the custom model they had made, weren't they? The RR/LL. Rhandy Rhoads/Laiho & Latvala.

Moonlapse said:
Yeah, I was totally in love with Roope's Jackson there for the longest time and it was also obvious to me, by that video there that he's a better guitarist than Alexi (don't mind that little fuck-up when he does the sweep).

Yeah, well Roope probably has a good 10 years experience over Alexi.

Alexi does this badass thing at 10:46-10:49 that he didn't show in the "example" part where he slows down and the camera zooms in. Dammit, I wish I could figure that out. I love the way it sounds, the sweep into a bend using tapped notes, mmmmm. Too bad his hands + the camera angle don't provide enough clarity for me. :(

~006

What's so special about him? Isn't he just your average shredder dude? I didn't like anything I saw in this video.

If we're talking shred... someone like Loomis crushes this guy in terms of originality and phrasing.

I didn´t like it either. Nothing new..just the typical boring 80s hair-metal shredding...
He didn´t even play it well.

Although I personally don't care for COB, this guy pulls off some pretty sick leads every now and then. I do agree that Loomis is the shred champ. That "Enemies Of Reality" lead and the "Medicated Nation" lead are untouchable.

Kazrog said:
Cool, definitely interesting how he mentions Sinergy first. Wonder whatever became of that project...

They're still working on a new album, but since alexi and roope are touring with cob a lot, don't have much time to work on it, and i guess lauri is touring with stratovarius at the moment..........but hopefully see a new album soon :D

metalkingdom said:
Although I personally don't care for COB, this guy pulls off some pretty sick leads every now and then. I do agree that Loomis is the shred champ. That "Enemies Of Reality" lead and the "Medicated Nation" lead are untouchable.

Man.. his leads when he was 16 years old are untouchable. He was at least twice as good as Alexi back then. If it comes to ability there isn't even a contest, because Loomis wins by default.

Ben Johnson said:
Yeah, well Roope probably has a good 10 years experience over Alexi.
20 would probably be closer. Roope Latvala is a Finnish guitar legend, he used to play in Waltari (experimental industrial metal for 20 years already) and in the now disbanded Stone, which is a legendary Finnish thrash metal band from the 80's.

But anyways, looks like the video is from 1998, which means the second guy is not Roope Latvala, but instead, their old guitarist Alexander Kuoppala.