.:OT:. Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) video - cool stuff

However, they do play a Waltari song after the 09:00 until past 12:30 mark, it's a bit from Waltari's Metal Symphony called "Yeah! Yeah! Die! Die! Death Metal Symphony In Deep C" which was an hour long symphony which combined classical music with an orchestra, industrial elements and deathish metal ;)

Torniojaws said:
But anyways, looks like the video is from 1998, which means the second guy is not Roope Latvala, but instead, their old guitarist Alexander Kuoppala.

You obviously

a) don't recognize Roope Latvala and
b) Didn't watch the video to hear the part "..check out me and my buddy Roope..."
The video might been from 1998, but Alexi played with Roope back then in Sinergy.

...which means the second guy is Roope Latvala.

As for Mr. Latvala, you all should really check out his band Stone. Great speed/thrash metal and killer lead work. Cool thing for Alexi to play with Roope today, since Alexi has cited Roope one of his biggest influences.

:cool:

+1 for that. I would kill to have any of my idols be in my band.

Whats the name of Latvala's instrumental classical metal whatever album? I'm curious to hear it. If it's anything like the peice they play from 9:00-12:00 on that video, I'm sure I'll like it alot.

~006

All this speech of industrial and orchestra being crossed with death metal is getting me hard. I'm gonna see if I can source some Waltari and see what this symphony thingo is all about...

Btw on a bit of an unrelated note, I met up with Roope here when he came down with Bodom. We were just having a chat outside the venue when a bunch of 'heroes' or 'jocks' as you guys would call them drove by in a car just banging their heads and making mocking 'yeah!! metal!' remarks. I just said 'I don't think they're fans of Bodom, man' and he just laughed at em.

So that stuff is under the name of Waltari then? I shall do some research and hopefully find a cd for sale...

~006

Waltari mp3 clips

Found a site that has an mp3 clip of every song off of every Waltari album. The other ones seem really wierd...the Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Die! Die! Die! album seems very out of place, lol.

~006

Moonlapse said:
a bunch of 'heroes' or 'jocks' as you guys would call them drove by in a car just banging their heads and making mocking 'yeah!! metal!' remarks.

Those phags listen to fallout boy.

cornerarea said:
You obviously

a) don't recognize Roope Latvala and
b) Didn't watch the video to hear the part "..check out me and my buddy Roope..."
The video might been from 1998, but Alexi played with Roope back then in Sinergy.

...which means the second guy is Roope Latvala.
I just skipped through the video :p didn't pay too much attention, since I'm not a big fan of Laiho's playing.

006 said:
If it's anything like the peice they play from 9:00-12:00 on that video, I'm sure I'll like it alot.
Like I mentioned earlier, the part from 09:00 until 12:30 is a Waltari song. Most of the stuff from the song they play in the video with guitars is played by the symphony orchestra.

Yeah...I lost interest as soon as I heard that, lol. Oh well, off to write some of my own industrial orchestra metal. I think it would be kinda neat to try out.

~006

006, the Latvala instrumental album is called 'Latvala Bro's Plays The Wooden Eye'. It was a one off album that he did with his brother, who plays drums on the CD. The songs, show resemblence to the stuff he was doing in Stone, but some of the lead work is more varied imo. The CD is VERY hard to find, especially outside Finland.

My Finnish cousin is a huge fan of his, and happened to buy it when it came out. If you can find it though, definately worth a listen.