OT..Anselmo / DOWN

Lordlindsey

Metal Royalty
Oct 8, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
My latest tunes have been DOWN and DOWN II.
Phil Anselmo kicks ass.
Isn't DOWN made up of guys from other bands? If so, who is from what? Thought one guy was from Prong, could be wrong though.
Also, seen a video a couple of times with Phil singing, and can't remember the name of the band. (killed to many brain cells)
It was something about a drunk hick. Anyone know the band?

Yup Down is a mix from several bands.

Phil and Rex from Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity guitarist Pepper Keenan, Crowbar guitarist Kirk Windstein and Eyehategod drummer Jimmy Bower.

The other band is maybe Superjoint Ritual? Another of Phil's projects and more brutal than Pantera.

Originally posted by Fractured
Yup Down is a mix from several bands.

Phil and Rex from Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity guitarist Pepper Keenan, Crowbar guitarist Kirk Windstein and Eyehategod drummer Jimmy Bower.

The other band is maybe Superjoint Ritual? Another of Phil's projects and more brutal than Pantera.

what he said. Down kick ass!

SUPERJOINT RITUAL!
That's it!
Damn, that's been bugging me for a while.
I gotta get that album, only heard the one song, but it was cool.
Anyone heard the whole album?

I would like where you have that info about jimmy as he made it sound like he wasn't going to do COC as he has too many bands to be able to focus enough on COC. I know about the former drummer but I think they are getting another drummer.

i dont know about bowers future, but man, can that guy whale on some drums! i was listen to track 1, lysergik funeral procession on down II, even though the guitarist was leadin him through the drum part in the solo of that song, dude still fuckin wailed on the drums. I mean its like good drumming technicality, not that kind of technicality that i can relate to getting a hamburger and then getting like parsley pretty lookin green shit on the plate that isent bad but it isten good either, it just is there. Then you have bad technicality which is like a burnt steak, its NO good at all. Then you have bower, who adds to the music with his drumming technicality. Too many people depend on the snare for the only drum they use, dont get me wrong, i love some stripped down death metal but good technicality i love. And im not one to sterotype death metal as no technicality stuff, bands like Hate Eternal and Nile have awesome technicality in there music and it enhances and puts those nasty dm sterotypes of only playing blasts to rest, but even though i got off the down topic, DOWN RULES