OT: Forget that other sci-fi movie coming out in a couple months...

Powerslave214 said:
The trailer looked better than I expected. Thank God they got Alan Rickman to do Marvin's voice instead of Warwick Davis.

The new series of Doctor Who is going to be better than anything else this year

Ragamuffin said:
WOOHOO! NERD THREAD!
42!

Sin City is not a sci fi movie, nor a summer movie.

[SMARTASS]Pardom me. I didn't know this thread was devoted solely to "summer sci-fi movies".[/SMARTASS]:Smug:

Hence, I exclaimed "FUCK THAT!" upon entering the thread.

I've been meaning to read The Hitchhiker's Guide for about 20 years now. Looks like I'd better get to it. (shame on me)
I played the old Hitchhikers Guide game on an Apple IIe once. That was back when computer games were only 'choose-your-own-adventures'
Pocket Lint is money, right?

I can't wait for this movie. Hitchhiker's Guide is tied with "The Stand" as my favorite books of all time. I just bought the original mini-series dvd of HGTTG, and it'll be really awesome to see it done with modern special effects.

nafnikufesin said:
This is going to be the blockbuster of the year:
http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

Watch the "larger trailer" and then just try to tell me that this won't be the best movie since "Time Bandits" :headbang:

ThraxDude said:
I've been meaning to read The Hitchhiker's Guide for about 20 years now. Looks like I'd better get to it. (shame on me)
I played the old Hitchhikers Guide game on an Apple IIe once. That was back when computer games were only 'choose-your-own-adventures'
Pocket Lint is money, right?
Yeah, snap to it! The movie should be cool, but it likely won't catch the nuances of Douglas Adams humor...how would similes like "the ships hung in the air like bricks don't" translate onto the big screen? :lol:

And for those of you that thought I was serious, yes, I know this won't be a blockbuster in the theaters, but it has the makings of a cult classic. And the the "larger trailer" on the internet rates alongside Spinal Tap, Holy Grail, and Time Bandits as one of the best all-time.