(OT) I need your opinion

KellyM

Jul 17, 2004
Germany
Hi folks,

ok, now I need your opinion. Some of you might remember that I was talking about my band's webpage is soon going alive... well, you know, everything takes longer than expected, but at least we can share now a few songs.

Please tell me what you think about it. I know the people in here are a lot more talketive than elsewhere, that's why I post it here first.

I'm really curious what you're saying. :hotjump:

Oh, btw, don't wonder if you don't know the filetype. WinAmp should be able to play OGG files just like mp3. The reason we encoded them to ogg files is of course copyright on mp3.

Here are the songs:

Snake Ride Rodeo

Bridge to yesterday

Little Queenie

Resurrection

P.S. It seems some people weren't able to download the songs, we fixed that problem, if your download failed, try again please.

I listened to the SRR clip, and overall, I like it. The vocals are so-so, but the sound is quite good, and the guitars in particular sound pretty cool. Is this pretty much a self-produced effort? (IE, no record company & big shot producer involved?) If so, VERY well done. Being in a band, I know making stuff that sounds good is not as easy as it seems on your own.
:headbang:

Hi,

thanks secret_weapon for the comments. No, we don't have any deals with with anyone right now. But 2 of us are working as professional sound engineers and we got our own little studio. Nothing huge, but a lot better than most bands used to have.

What do you think about the other 3 songs? Care to download those, too?

P.S. And I hope somebody else will also comment on them here.
:)

Yeah, i quite like 'Resurrection' alot, played it a few times tonight. Nice bouncy but meaty guitar riff, nice overall guitar sound. Decent solo. Chorus is pretty cool so are the lyrics, vocals remind me of something but i cant quite place it just yet! I like the tune, yeah its sweet!! Cool style!

Il download the others prolly tomorrow (im hammering bittorrent at the moment as per usual!!) i will give them a good listen to when i dl them though!

Thanks alot man, for putting the tunes up for "us" to sample! Much appreciated!!

Perhaps the ogg codec is offputing for some maybe???
anyway, 4 teh n00bz roflol:- http://www.filesharingplace.com/downloads/mega_codec_pack.php

Hi,

this is the link to the last WinAmp player. The full version is 4,6mb and works fine for all formats, including ogg.

WINAMP

For those of you who have trouble playing the songs. Sorry for the mess, but mp3 charges a license fee when you distribute songs in their format, these songs are free, but I would like to avoid any possible trouble.

Hope you don't mind.
:(

Never knew that about the Mp3 format, bastards huh!

Anyway yeah i downloaded all the toons now, i think my fav is still 'Resurrection' but 'snake ride rodeo' kicks ass big time, cool intro, nice phat meaty guitar riffs and again nice and bouncy. Little Queeny is pretty cool in that it is quite different to the other songs and shows diversity, nice melodies, cool old skool soloing! Its a good listen considering its 6:31 in length.
'Bridge to yesterday' is not a bad song at all but its really just not my style. Overall though a damn good sound, tight production and pretty original compositions lyrically and musically. I for one Look forward to hearing more from you guys and would buy your cd for sure, i think it would be the type of thing i would play in my car!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I encorage and hope some of the other guys here download your stuff and give it a listen and then give some feedback, its obvious in hearing the songs how hard you guys are working.

Cheers!!

Well, what can I say Valanx, thanks a bunch for those words man, we appreciate it big time.

Regarding the CD, we hope to have it ready by September, 11-13 songs (we are not sure yet). We got some more songs than these 13, but right now we are not sure which should be on the CD and which not.

When I know more about it, I'll keep you updated, and again, thanks for those nice words.

Hi,

our homepage is finally online... whew. You can reach it by clicking the link in my sig. Switch from german to english in the upper right corner.
Happy browsing, although, it's not much there yet, since it's only one day old.
:)

Hi,

since the confusion about the OGG files was bigger than I expected, you can now download the songs as mp3....

Have fun.

KellyM said:
Well, what can I say Valanx, thanks a bunch for those words man, we appreciate it big time.

My pleasure, i thank you guys for sharing your hard work with us all !

Now, I look forward to reading Heavycelli's review as well :)

First thx for the opportunity to give the people on the Saxon board the possibillity to listen to mp3 from the band Snake Ride Rodeo.. First I had the same problems with the downloading but now its ok..

My first review Song Bridge to yesterday

Song Bridge to yesterday.

0,01 sec – 0,20 sec : I always appreciate nice intro’s. This is one of that kind, nice that bass underneath it! Its well overthought. This was no rushing job, thx for that.. well done!

*0,21 sec-0,23 sec : Nice uptempo bridge to the next part *(0,23 sec- , 0,36) . Just cant avoid moving my head to the front and back again! The same as part *1 min 20 sec – 1,24 sec and the part *3 min.07 sec- 3min18 sec and *3 min 47 sec- 3min.52 sec I like that a lot those identical parts.

0,36 sec – 2 min 07 sec. the vocal part that rests on the same sounding parts as I metioned above* Ok.. that’s always “Geschmacksache”, matter of taste.. its not the kind of vocals I like, but I understand that there will be a lot of people who like it a lot, just my opinion..Don’t worry too much about that..Its not irritating the vocals, but strange ( or not?) I like the vocals more on the other song Snake ride Rodeo (Vocals does remind me of the Cult -vocalist..) What the reason is of that? I don’t know… I just have no clue..

2 min 08 sec – 3 min 18 sec to me the best part of the song ..It reminds me of AC/DC, Foghat, Ted Nugent very nice listening

3 min 19- 3 min 47 sec vocal part resting on that guitar sound parts (as in 0,36 sec- 2min 07 sec)

3 min 52- end nice outro

The song is a good combination between quick parts and slowing down moments, there is enough variation, it’s a good song..the feeling is good on a scale from 1-10 à 6,8

The other reviews from the other 3 songs will follow asap

KellyM said:
Thanks for the 6,8 heavycelli. :)

What do you think about the other songs?

ok Jungs, thx for the waiting ( Lots of work at the moment, but glad to have work:) , keeps me fit)

After a few weeks I still remember a lot from the song a 'bridge to yesterday' (That is a good signal my opinion)

Snake Ride Rodeo-song (Could have been a The Cult-song, Does anyone like The Cult in your band? I always did like some songs of the Cult such as 'The Fire in your eyes, makes me alive" )The vocals on this song I prefer much more than on the other songs, I think it has got to do with sometimes more melody in it and than sometimes a bit row /raugh sounding Compare 1,44sec-1,50 sec with 0,38sec - 0,58sec. The first I like more than the latter..
3 min.17: very nice that sound going from my right to the left box, followed by fantastic nerving guitar work (Sometimes I hear Saxon's Night Hunter guitar flavour in it..) So glad that bands like you make good guitar riffs, the world is not lost! (Pfieew,..)
3.56-3.59 sec (nice that surprisingly sound) I very much appreciate that unexpected things in a song.. That's a bit the same as in the Saxon Song : We came here to rock, from the Rock the Nations Album, track 4:2.min45 sec-2min 50 sec..just a few seconds in a song but they funtion like a good reminder..a sort of memo.
The ending is a bit abrupt, but OK nothing wrong with that

good variation in the song, better vocals and enough variation+ good guitarwork on a sclae from 1-10 -> 7,3 So good that a band like yours writes its own material, I think you are much more than a tribute band!!;) the other songs will follow today..

Little Queenie song..

A long song, its very brave to make a long song like this, there are bands that make songs as long as this one and than suddenly the song sinks in like a wrong cooked Cake in the oven, like my grandmother always did ..BUT not the case with this song..its working to an orgasm that explodes in an ejaculation in the part from 4 min 08 sec - 5.12 sec ( so nice that guitar work) Ok its not like a queensryche song, but sometimes I hear some queensrych flavour in this song.
The intro 0,00 sec-0,28 sec is fantastic again
0,28 sec- 2 min 07 sec the vocals better than on bridge to yesterday, maybe its because of the fact its more telling than singing, never mind its acceptable
2 min 07 sec- 4min 08 sec: good that tempo in the song, like that little guitar sound underneath the vocals..
4 min 08 sec- 5 min 12 sec : in one word: so nice guitar work!:worship:
5 min 59 sec- 6 min 22 sec: nice outro Queensryche atmosphere I taste in this part again, such as in songs like Sanctuary etc... very nice
Good piece of work on a scale 1-10 -> 7,1

resurrection song..

I must admit that this is my less favourite one of the 4 songs, The best part of this song is in my opinion (i. m.o) 2 min 17 sec-2 min 53 sec...not enough variation and other things that just miss my soul, It just doesnt feel good between the ears.. But don't worry even a band like Saxon, which I admire a lot, sometimes has a song that falls out of line, so even the best band can make such songs:Spin:

On a scale from 1-10 -> 5,8

So the average of these songs = 6,8 + 7,3 + 7,1 + 5,8 / 4= 6,75= 6,8 Well thats a figure where lots of other bands would commit a murder for.., especially when it comes from me :D Snake Ride Rodeo will stand the test of time!!!!
Jungs viel Erfolg, wird schon klappen!!!!!!!!!!!!