OT: Iced Earth, Final show with Matt Barlow

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
here is the whole show:

With Matt leaving again, I was sort of hoping they would get Ripper back, but I guess that ship has sailed. We'll see what the new guy sounds like when the new album comes out in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never liked Barlow as a vocalist. In fact I always thought he sucked major ass. Ripper was much better, but Ripper is just a fill-in guy for everybody I guess.

I never liked Barlow as a vocalist. In fact I always thought he sucked major ass. Ripper was much better, but Ripper is just a fill-in guy for everybody I guess.

To be honest, I half expected Anthrax to hire Ripper before they announced the return of Joey. What would that have done to everyone here? :eek:

Ripper singing for Anthrax would be interesting... at least they would have played Northeast OH more often again maybe. It would have been way, way better then Don Nelson... but would not have fit.

Definitely would have been interesting to hear though. Armed and Dangerous, Medusa, hell the whole spreading the Disease album is perfect for his voice.

Iced Earth are almost as ridiculous as Anthrax when it comes to singers. They originally recorded the Wicked Trilogy with Barlow, then wanted to resurrect it with Owens, so they had him rerecord all three songs. After the first Something Wicked album they reunited with Barlow, so again they had him rerecord some of Owens songs. Seriously, WTF? Now Barlow is out again? I saw them live at Wacken, and he seemed like a great guy, but i won't ever take Iced Earth serious again.

*edit* This recording doesn't do justice to their performance...

I feel like he would have just been a fill in guy and probably wouldn't have been with Anthrax after this newest record was released, but it would have been interesting because his range fits all of Anthrax's catalog. Anyway that was a cool little jam session!