OT: Link to The System Has Failed

Ok, wrong month then. CDs been around forever. If someone actually wants to hear it I'm sure they can find the mp3s. And a nice day was had by all.

I hate to say it but this album sucks! The only two good songs are Blackmail and Kick the chair. Those songs kick ass! But the rest is just there. Its a shame because when I heard Kick the Chair I almost fell off my chair because is was so awesome! But the rest of the songs just fall flat. Its no return to form. Dave just kills me because he has the ability right quality heavy fast songs (like Kick the Chair) but he just doesent. I was so ready to blindly buy this but go thing I heard it first.

thraxx said:
i HAVE HAD IT FOR A WHILE ANYBODY WANT A COPY???
Sure, I do. =)

How does everybody already have a copy? I've had a lot of trouble finding mp3's to sample. Just "wma" files on Kazaa, whatver those are. I couldn't play them. I have the full "Die dead enough" - which was about average and 45 seconds of "Kick the Chair" - which sounds better than average. After reading the comments on this thread though, I'm gonna have to keep a look out for samples before buying.

i'm with LOAroberto on this one. i've had for acouple of weeks & it's pretty shite.

Blackmail The Universe
Die Dead Enough
Kick The Chair
The Scorpion
Back In The Day

They are the only good songs on the album. The rest is terrible
TWNAH is heaps better

Ok...opinions are opinions, I respect 'em. But ur full of shit saying that TWNAH is better than this.
In Kerry Kings own words "The World Needs A Hero - My ass!"

This was never meant to be a MegadetH album. This was Daves solo album that he recorded about 30 songs for. Daves also found God, as 60% of the lyrics in the songs you DON'T like pertain to. I'm a lil iffy on sum of the actual music, but the lyrics are the best of his career. That more than makes up for it IMO.
His label was owed 1 more Deth studio album, so he made it a MegadetH album after being told it wouldn't be released as his solo.
As an ending to MegadetH - it's better than most.
Better than RISK
Better than TWNAH
Better than SANE TANGER
Better than both LOADS of shite

Best Buy will have it for 9 dolla make u holla (I've had an actual legal copy for a while now...and my stolen....errr shared mp3's) and I'll still buy one to get the sale. 9 dollars and if u don't like it, take it to cd wharehouse and get 5 dollars of that back.

The album art and the printed lyrics are worth that price.:Spin:

I'm still giving it a fair listen. It's similar to me like Risk, play it around people who don't like Metal. That's what I'm thinking it's going to be. And a better cd to do that then Risk was, in my opinion so far.

Ragamuffin said:
Kazaa? What is it 1997? Get a real p2p
I only recently decided I needed to use p2p's again and found an article recomending a few. They all sucked. Kazaa also sucks, but I at least got a few things I was looking for. The article said Shareaza (sp?) was one of the best, but I just couldn't get it to configure properly. I spent hours fucking with it and pulled down mabe 2 mp3's that I wanted to sample. I'm pretty computer savvy, too. <shrug>

So do you have any examples of "real" p2p's for me? :loco:

Dude I listened to it a second time and its not as bad as I thought. I mean its no Thrash onslaught like Rust in Peace! But it has a lot of old school elemnts in there. Some songs remind me of Rust, So Far so good, CrypticWritings, Youth. I think its a 60/40 mix of New and Old school Megadeth. Its better than Risk and TWNAH.

Theres is No Way u can say this is the best Dave has played in his Career. Come on man no way.

Killing Is My Business
Peace Sells
Rust In Peace
Countdown To Excintion
Youthanasia
Cryptic Writtings

All those albums have the most amazing guitar work ever. The System Has Failed does not even come close to those albums. & unless Dave starts taking Drugs again & Gets back Marty Freidman he will never write music that good again