OT: New Metal Church XI

I read a lot of good reviews and was looking forward to it, and honestly not all that excited. There are some decent tunes on there but the production doesn't quite live up to my favorite "The Human Factor", also vocals seem to have some weird digital/detune backing choruses that get annoying after a while. I started picking them out after the second song, especially the high pitch backing vocals where they double some of the choruses.
The guitar work is also a bit more of a second tier thrash, I guess what I'd expect for bands in that caliber...kinda like Overkill of late. Not bad but just not enough musicianship to make it to my spin list.

I think the solos on Overkills stuff kill the ones on the new Metal Church. Comparisons aside. The solos and the drums need bumping up. There's no real fire. Mike has upped this line ups game but I don't think they rose to the occasion. Like I said before. It's good, it's Metal Church but if they are going to really do well like the other veteran bands they need to step it up. It's sounds just like it was made in the
in the 90's. But I'm still liking it. I just hope the next one has more fire. What I noticed about the vocal harmonies is to me they seem like the high is much to quite and puts the emphasize on the low end too much. And 1100 copies aint too bad! Whoops I think that's supposed to be eleven thousand lol

Last edited: