OT - The nuclear the Russian gov. didn't really show ...

Thanks Tomek, at least you are the only one who showed some interest ... far more interesting than some other threads around the board. I thought I would enlight the board with some true facts since this incident happened 18 years ago yesterday, maybe 80% of the board members weren't born 18 years ago, that could explain the lack of replies ahahah :D. I remember all of it very well, when our yard vegetables started dying and cars had rust on them from the toxic clouds. Even the fallout from the site came all the way to Belgium.

maybe 80% of the board members weren't born 18 years ago, that could explain the lack of replies
i was born!!!! but i was zero at the time... sooo..... =\

i didnt bother reading it all. saw some colorful map picture, read about 3 sentences.... or rather, like half of 3 sentences or so. all in all i read about 9 1/2 words or so. heres my conclusion

i was riding my bike and the road was dis

Jeez.. that long already..i still remember the stress in our country after the incident....
It is sad to see what Nuclear Activity can do to the world...

Hell, I know my mom was pregnant with me in that time, and she was supposed to go to Ukraine..... right when Chernobil exploded.... but she found it out on the BBC radio.... and the Soviet government silenced the whole fucking thing. The note in the news was like "Accident on Chernobil Atomic Power Station. 2 men killed" and that's all. The government would even never respond had'nt the radiation be spotted in Scandinavia and shit.....

Beorn of MythOdeviL said:
Hell, I know my mom was pregnant with me in that time, and she was supposed to go to Ukraine..... right when Chernobil exploded.... but she found it out on the BBC radio.... and the Soviet government silenced the whole fucking thing. The note in the news was like "Accident on Chernobil Atomic Power Station. 2 men killed" and that's all. The government would even never respond had'nt the radiation be spotted in Scandinavia and shit.....

Well even further then Scandinavia, its reached to as far as western England...

Yeah.... even western England....
And all of this mayhem could have been avoided if safety precautions and regulations would have been kept....

And most of the people that helped in the evacuation and the building of the concrete and metal sarcofague died the following years of radiation related deseases like cancer. The living are also very ill.
The government brought soldiers from nearby places, and they werent properly equipped and fit to counteract radiation.....

Reminds me that even in Moscow area, hundreds of miles away, thre were radiation related mutations in the vegetation.... bigger flowers, much bigger. Insects and similar shit.

Yeah.... even western England....
And all of this mayhem could have been avoided if safety precautions and regulations would have been kept....

And most of the people that helped in the evacuation and the building of the concrete and metal sarcofague died the following years of radiation related deseases like cancer. The living are also very ill.
The government brought soldiers from nearby places, and they werent properly equipped and fit to counteract radiation.....

Reminds me that even in Moscow area, hundreds of miles away, thre were radiation related mutations in the vegetation.... bigger flowers, much bigger. Insects and similar shit.

True, sad but true...

that is why millions of Ukranians and the Russians who lived in the east pled the area the "day after", and that's why you can find them now in countries like Uzbekistan and Kahzahstan...

Unfortunately, the Russian government continues its policy of "Silencing..." even today...

see Kursk Submarine tragedy!

ever see the wreckage from the tunguska blast? they say it was like chernobyl, only one hundredth the size, and 70 years earlier. no one knows for sure what the hell caused it.

megamich said:
True, sad but true...

that is why millions of Ukranians and the Russians who lived in the east pled the area the "day after", and that's why you can find them now in countries like Uzbekistan and Kahzahstan...

Unfortunately, the Russian government continues its policy of "Silencing..." even today...

see Kursk Submarine tragedy!
Well, you know Michael, it's the same ppl, and even the regime isn't much different. Only at first look. Corrupted democracy. That's why USSR, and later Russia, got always fucked. And got so aggressive towards the west.

Thyrmfall@ C'mon man, you can't fucking compare! :)
Yeah but the blast was fucking huge. Lucky thing it hit Sibiria and not more a.... crowded place.

I could agree with Beorn, seems like many people in Russia regret the way their country has turned as far as corruption and even less rights for people. If you have money you are ok and the others have nothing that's probably why some long for the old communist era. I saw on tv a report on the youth in the area around the site and most kids who are now 18 have developped cancer of the throat or some other form of cancer. The sarcofagus around the core is already showing signs of rust and everything is being sponsored by the EU who now fears similiar incident could happen. With all the new countries joining the EU (all ex-communist) and having the same type of nuclear plant, it is something the EU should be concerned about.

ANd where do you think most of this money will go? To some guys pocket. Ukraine isn't much different from Russia in that matter, sometimes even worse.....

ANd where do you think most of this money will go? To some guys pocket. Ukraine isn't much different from Russia in that matter, sometimes even worse.....

mafia's pockets!

I say: Bring back Grandfather LENIN! (dedushka Lenin) :D

Belgar said:
With all the new countries joining the EU (all ex-communist) and having the same type of nuclear plant, it is something the EU should be concerned about.

well, not all as PL doesn't have a singe nuclear plant. They were about to open one after the Chernobyl catastrophe but people were so freaked out that they converted it to gas power plant.

Thyrmfal@ Communism sux, but Lenin was a cool grandpa regardless...... died in a wheelchair when he was just 54 the poor fellah.... strokes are dangerous ye know.

Tomasz@ One of the guides (pilot) in Poland told me that there is a nuclear plant there somewhere nowadays..... are you sure?