OT Volbeat

Frankieebotz

Apr 21, 2005
Its been about 8 months since I've posted here so sorry if this has been discussed. What does everyone think of Volbeat? Personally for me it's a breath of fresh air. Sounds like no other band out there. Great lyrics, great singer and killer riffs. I got to seem them headline in April and going again a week from Sat in Florida. Just awesome!

Seen them twice, good band.

First concert was on their tour - awesome! Really really great show.

Second concert was on the Metaltown Festival - was ok. Too much talking with the crowd, "say yeah!!!" and 5 x "give yourselves a round of applauses ...

In general too much talking by bands on festivals for my taste, though.

Is Cold any good? I have heard one song on Sirius Octane and honestly I didn't really dig it. I'm hoping live they are good.

Well I think the first 2 Cold albums their S/T album and 13 Ways to Bleed on stage are some of the best albums of all time so I am biased. I think you will dig them live. let me know what you think once you see them live!

Ad1886498St1Sz154Sq20424801V0Id3.jpg

I first heard Volbeat when they were opening for Megadeth in 2007 or 8. I instantly fell in love with their music and became a huge fan. Then they released their 3rd album, which was a big letdown, and everything's been going downhill fast since then. I still love the first two albums though!