OT...well, maybe..:Ozzy Remasters

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
Ok...I got ahold of the Ozzy Osbourne Remasters discs....and I remember there being a big 'ol throwdown about Ozzy having Lee Kerslake/Tommy Aldrige's parts replaced by Robert Trujillo/Mike Bordin....but...did they replace the bass/drum parts on all the old albums?

Also, which makes me think this is not off topic...anyone think some of the stuff they did in the remaster sound cleaner, but more naked (for the lack of a better term)?

They replaced the stuff Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake did on Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman only I think as they were suing over those two albums.
They kept Bob's basswork on No Rest for the Wicked and No More Tears I'm pretty sure though.
The Tommy Aldridge stuff on Bark at the Moon wasn't touched. I'm pretty sure only the first two albums had rerecorded stuff.

I'm suprised they actually did it. If I was Trujillo or Bordin I would have told Ozzy to fuck off, blasphemous.

I always thought it was weird that I remembered Geezer's pic being in the liner notes for "No Rest For The Wicked", but Bob Daisley gets the credits. Also..the same thing with Mike Inez on "No More Tears".

Executioner213 said:
Also..the same thing with Mike Inez on "No More Tears".

Inez and Daisley both recorded tracks on No More Tears. Or at least Inez wrote some of the material and Daisley played it, I don't remember the situation over that album, but Inez replaced Daisley so that might make sense.

I've only got "No Rest for the Wicked." It sounds great, and I don't think they changed anything on it. I thinik I remember Michael Wagener saying not to get the remaster for "No More Tears." I don't recall exactly why, but I think he said it sounded as if they boosted 4K to the point where it's not listenable.

SPLASTiK said:
Inez and Daisley both recorded tracks on No More Tears. Or at least Inez wrote some of the material and Daisley played it, I don't remember the situation over that album, but Inez replaced Daisley so that might make sense.
Inez was "in the band," but Daisley played on the album and rearranged the "No More Tears" bass riff that Inez wrote.

BRING BACK DAISLEY!