Other bands with "Wolverine" as their name?

lonewolvie

New Metal Member
Aug 20, 2006
While doing a search for song lyrics, I came across a few lyrics such as "Raising Kane" and "Certain Fury" which had come up under Wolverine lyrics.

I've stumbled across a few bands through the years called Wolverine. There's also a jazz band called "The Wolverines". In this particular case I have no idea who they are except it seems the are from The Netherlands judging from the names of the composers.

One thing's for sure though, it's not the same Wolverine as this one. :) I also did a serach and noticed that some lyrics websites have listed the lyrics you mention (plus a few others) together with our songs as if they were all made by the same band but that's not the case.

Speaking of lyrics, we have now decided where to put the lyrics section on the website. It should be up this week if all goes well.

Wolverine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, we used it because of the Marvel character. I am the first to admit it's a silly name but it kind of feels like it's too late for us to change name since we've released 4 albums already.

It is not a silly name, actually quite fitting for a metal group. As for the Marvel Comics Universe character, the "The Storm Inside" track seemed to have fit that character.

Has the group thought of making a song about this character?

The only song I know of right now other than a parody song about the Marvel Wolverine is one by Entombed, "Wolverine Blues". That song doesn't mention Wolverine in the song, but the video has references to Wolverine.

Has the group thought of making a song about this character?

Nope, never. I still love Marvel to this day (I grew up with all those charachters so they were kind of my babysitters... ha, ha!) but it's definitely not a subject I'd like to write and sing about. I prefer to read the comic books once in a while and, above all, watch the movies that have been coming out these past years. I really like the X-men and Spiderman movies. The new Hulk-movie was awful though... I prefer the TV-series above the movie for sure.

By the way, I'm not into Entombed but I have been wondering what the song Wolverine blues talks about. Anyone that can enlighten me in this matter?