Otyg News

Yes I got this newsletter and it was a bit saddening as I really enjoyed Otygs music, but I am totally with Vintersorg, if you dont have your soul in it, it isnt going to be of quality, it wont have your heart in it, so dont be "oissed" about it, I mean its the artists music, and if the artist feels that they no longer can put the soul into the music, feed the fire that burns, than there is better to let it be put sleep while there are good memories and not bad ones.

RIP Otyg!

It´s not a really big loss for me
I like the Vintersorg albums a lot more...

some of the Otyg stuff all sounds the same(say 40% or most of the verses), but there are good and excellent parts in between.

the jewish-harp is the worst instrument and most overrated in folk music ever!

perhaps they would just be repeating themselves!

anyway that´s my opinion.... :Þ

aegis@: in which songs use Led Zep and the Gathering that instrument???

btw I was thinking that it would be cool if the other Otyg-members will go on and make the same music without rock-influences. :)

Originally posted by Vintersorg
I knew that it would cause a little stir with the Otyg news, but all I can say is that when you work with artristy it all comes down to true engagement, if you don't have the spirit you shouldn't even bother to do it, it's not like go to work at the grocery store 9-5. You live it 24h aday, and when the energy isn't there you'll only do a half good/bad job, i rather leave Otyg with nice memories and with a flavourish taste in my mouth, than see it fade away on the path of business(just completeing a contract)

You have to know when to quit, to many bands don't in my opinion!

yes that's right, many bands do not know when to quit.
I still feel sad, but understand you very well...

I still love to have all demo songs... :D

Originally posted by Vintersorg
I knew that it would cause a little stir with the Otyg news, but all I can say is that when you work with artristy it all comes down to true engagement, if you don't have the spirit you shouldn't even bother to do it, it's not like go to work at the grocery store 9-5. You live it 24h aday, and when the energy isn't there you'll only do a half good/bad job, i rather leave Otyg with nice memories and with a flavourish taste in my mouth, than see it fade away on the path of business(just completeing a contract)

You have to know when to quit, to many bands don't in my opinion!

I have to say I respect you making this decision, instead of just releasing additional music your heart wasn't into. Far too many bands do/have done this, only to the disappointment of their fans and themselves.

Though I can tell you this news made two metal djs very sad

See You in Hell on WCSB 89.3FM, Cleveland Ohio USA

Originally posted by YMIR
Yeah, this is very bad news!:cry: Does someone know what the other band members will do?? Maybe they will go on in the folk-music?
if i'm not mistaken Cia is planning a solo project, which i assume will be quite chupi :D
the rest of the members have other bands and Daniel was planning a folk band too :)

astarte@: that is great. Well, maybe we should not be so said because now they have time for their own (solo)projects. I think they should make great music:)

btw when I quote someone then there is nothing like ''Originally posted by...'' above the quote. How could I do this...
:) :confused:

you have to use the quote button of the message you want to quote for this ...
thanks, but i don't get it. I do it in this way:
I copy the text i want to quote. Then I click on the 'quote'-button and then I past the text. And then I see not 'Originally posted by...' on my posts.:cry:

Oh, and I will check out the Gathering:)

Well, you should start using the quote button. But here's the inserted code of your post if you pressed the quote button. (I had to put spaces between the [ and ] and whatever was inside the brackets so you could see it...

[ QUOTE ][ i ]Originally posted by YMIR [ /i ]
[ B ]
thanks, but i don't get it. I do it in this way:
I copy the text i want to quote. Then I click on the 'quote'-button and then I past the text. And then I see not 'Originally posted by...' on my posts.:cry:

Oh, and I will check out the Gathering:) [ /B ][ /QUOTE ]

Another try...
Well, you should start using the quote button. But here's the inserted code of your post if you pressed the quote button. (I had to put spaces between the [ and ] and whatever was inside the brackets so you could see it...

Originally posted by The Nomad

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's been what, two years since Djävulen was originally supposed to be recorded? It had to run out in the sand sooner or later...

I wonder if there'll be some official release of the Otyg demos instead... Maybe some other rare tracks too

That'd be :cool:

Originally posted by Luguber
This doesn't surprise me at all. It's been what, two years since Djävulen was originally supposed to be recorded? It had to run out in the sand sooner or later...

I wonder if there'll be some official release of the Otyg demos instead... Maybe some other rare tracks too

That'd be :cool:

That would be very :cool: !!!