Our first video is out

Syykdom said:
I think the best music videos ever are those animated Tool-videos. Preferably "Sober" or "Prison Sex". I don´t know if these could be categorized as metal though, and don´t really care... hehe.
hm, well, IMO most metal videos plain suck ;) ...because in most of them the musicians are trying so hard to look evil that it's just ridiculous. And it's not just the musicians - mostly the rest of the videos are too cliché for my taste as well, so I was pleasently surprised when I watched the video for Inflict for the first time. I love the part where the band plays outside on the field - I always wanted to do that myself :lol:. About the Tool videos: So far I've seen only the video for "Sober", in my opinion it's better than 98% of all other music videos that you can see on TV today, but I think it would be cooler if there were some parts where you can see the band playing as well (but I know that the guys in Tool don't want to be in their videos ;))

For the most parts I liked it, but the double bass shot (which must be included in heavy metal videos) should show the feet, not the beaters.

01:02 Is that shit on the stairs? Looks like the girl had just took a dump on those stairs and is now happily getting on with her business.

All and all, it's a good video. The singer is beautiful and the guys look like..well, guys.

btw, the best metal video ever is Emperor's Empty http://www.digitalmetal.com/emperor/Emperor1_cable.wmv

Nice vid, good job with that! Any chance that it will be played in the US? I think it will do well on FUSE.

On an unrelated subject... I just discovered you guys, thanx to a couple of pple on the Lacuna Coil forum (hey I recognize your here). I've heard WD and a few songs from PIB album and was quite impressed. How come I never heard of Amaran before? You are one of the heaviest female-fronted band that I heard (almost as heavy as Nevermore!), but somehow you manage to include beautiful female vox into your music.

Any chance of touring in the US in the near future?

-GK

I love it, its one of my fav. music videos. (besides Sleeping Sun by Nightwish and the original Heaven's a Lie by LC) Most videos today have no creativity anymore, its always the same band shot, scene that seems to have nothing to do with the song and another band shot. I'm not too happy with Patric's work for Lacuna Coil's latest Swamped single. and its my fav band. :(

It reminds me of the movie, Requim for a Dream. Very disturbing movie, but the video has the inoccence and originality and that wonderful filter that makes everything brownish. Delicious :)

btw, nice banner, Gabriel ;) (estranged_wonder from ES)