our inclass presentation - could you please help?!

Loona

*~holdacska~*
Sep 2, 2003
Budapest, Hungary
Visit site
For our Language practice course we will have to make a small presentation (about 15-20 minutes long) with handout on some topic (anything) that is related to Britain, Ireland, America or Australia, or perhaps somewhere else where English is spoken. It should also involve the audience too (like we could make some quiz about 'did you know this or that about the topic?'). The girl I have to work with and I just can't find the exact topic, so can you think of something that would be useful for us?

Sorry for being totally off-topic, and thanks for any kind of ideas!

Loona

how about Saxon languages as in gaelic, welsh and/or medieval english, or maybe the mythical side of the British Isles, might lead you to Tolkien, he knew a few words in weird languages like

heres an easy one, get a load of slang phrases and have a quiz where ppl try guess what they mean.

heres a starter: that three card trick hasnt a scooby doo

We did that too, a whole quiz with a lot of exercises like questions, crossword puzzle, stuff like that, and at the end there was Skid Row's Monkey Business, first they had the lyrics with some gaps and they had to find out what words were missing. Then we checked it by listening to the song :D

topics we've been discussing are

the american melting pot
scottish dances, liquor and food
northern ireland (boom)
the royal family
harry potter
the british school system (don't do that one)
"music" (make a music quiz)
tabloids
indians
romeo and juliet
food
tea
soap series (australian: home and awaaaaaaaaay, neighbours -interesting quiz they made there)
haha series/british humour (and england has more than cleese related stuff)
cartoons
"differences between the english speaking countries"
african english

guess for bambi's thing: that chick with the 3 fat children doesn't have a clue

ehh.
what's it really?

ah that's good stuff, but as for the presentation, I don't know, i once skived a presentation at college because I hate them so muchm and it's not natural and pointless.

snow2fall said:
We once had an English breakfast in primary school. Man, I felt so sick afterwards... :ill: So I doubt English food would be a good idea. :tickled:
pffft a good sunday fry is too much for youse schnitzel suckers?? :err:

Schnitzels are alright with mushroom sauce and that. Cant beat a bumper fried breakfast though when you really need one. Compare that to croissants or ham, cheese and dry bread that smells like farts. You know it makes sense
ICS_picture_breakfast.jpg

black pudding, yummy stuff, basically all the other stuff thats left from the pig: entrails, gristle etc mixed with its blood and some filler like stuffing/bread then turned into a large sausage. mmmmm