If You Could Make An Anathema Video....

I am Nothing

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2003
Chile
Visit site
hi there guys...cheers from Chile...

well, if you could make an Anathema video clip...which song you choose?...and how it could be???

i mean...i´ve been a lot waiting for a new video, but i still don´t understand the band´s position about it....well, here we are free to dream!!!

i pick up "Temporary Peace" and i would like to show a mental collapse of a guy who it´s not happy with his moment in life(love stuff)...then turn into some nature landscape (ocean obviously included), coz there´s a lot of metaphors ( i think) into "thema´s" lyrics, that can be related with our mother nature........and, end up with the suffocated under-water guy, mixed with some "hopeful" images, to make somekind of contrast between the two sides of natural life....

show me what you got!!!

ps: somebands aren´t interested in making videos...what do you think about it??....i study Audiovisual Communication...so, your opinion is very important to me!

I have this one in mind for about a year (when it came out), I would choose Are You There? and the whole video would be from one camera stand, some that is over the scenes, so that it can be shown from some upper sight. the whole would be white and grey, so with some harmonizing, calm colours, that don't vary from each other. some white crinkled bed-sheet, and on it lays a guy on his side with a big pillow in his hands. once he fells asleep and the other time he wakes up, but he just turns and turns as he can't really fall asleep or sleep well because of something. everytime he does, he dreams there's his beloved, who he lost, but he wakes up in the end and sees that there's noone, he's only embracing his pillow.
all of it would be with some effect like when you wake up in the morning, still sleepy and cannot see correctly, just this blurred cloudy thing. like if some movement happens, it leaves strips on the scene that only fade some moments later.
don't laugh, I'm quite serious about it, I have and see the whole thing in mind and it's quite touching... (only the guys clothing is that I'm not sure about...)

A Fine Day to Exit, green and blue colours out in the country somewhere, with all the cows grazing in the distance and the shepard thinking of his beloved sheep and pondering over the effects of enclosure and globalization.

I think i would make an animation, a drawn one for a fine day to exit...a story.....Dont know what kind of story yet and what kind of animation style except the (dark) drawing...A very interesting and visual good story! Mmmm..i'm almost working on the idea! Well lets wait for a new album and make it then....and make it a concept album with a video!