new to the forum - need an Anathema update

ifihadafish

New Metal Member
Aug 7, 2002
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Visit site
Hello all

Just found out about this forum and having searched through alot of the threads I need a clear update on Anathema, if you could help please.

Firstly it's great that Danny is back in the band and actually spends time posting on this forum. Sames applies to Duncan, who seems keen to get to the Crete gig. Now this is were my confusion begins. Is Duncan back playing with Anathema or just heading over as friends? What's the latest line-up and is a new studio record just around the corner?

I've only managed to see Anathema once on the Judgement tour when they played Belfast (any chance of a return gig?) and only got to talk to Vinny (managed to haggle a long-sleeved Judgement t-shirt of him for a few pound less - cheers!). Loved the gig and all albums back to Silent Enigma - earlier stuff is just too slow and doom for me \m/

Thanks for any replies/news

As far as I know, the official membership is:

Vincent- Vocals, guitar
Danny- Guitar
Jamie Cavanagh- Bass
Les- Keyboards
John D- Drums.

Danny says the new album is supposed to have heavier guitars, and Duncan is not in the band, his fulltime project is called Antimatter...

I think the doublecd you're talking about is Resonance 1 & 2. These are some compilations with great songs and some rare tracks, that were not released on Anathema-albums yet. Resonance 1 is about the more spherical stuff, Resonance 2 about the hard stuff. These contains stuff from the time with Peaceville only...

Originally posted by ifihadafish
Thanks Danny, when's it out? And whats the talk of a double CD? Or is that just rumours? Hell - I've so many questions!
were talking about getting the songs together for 2 albums and recording them all over a period of time. similar to what radiohead did with amnesiac and kid a. if we can keep the recording costs down and if we can make the songs good enough and if MFN will back it.. it might be possible.

Originally posted by pagan2002

were talking about getting the songs together for 2 albums and recording them all over a period of time. similar to what radiohead did with amnesiac and kid a. if we can keep the recording costs down and if we can make the songs good enough and if MFN will back it.. it might be possible.

2 Cd's???????? :hotjump: :headbang: :yow: That would be amazing!!!!
Hey Danny,is there any chance we could hear some new material in Crete???? :worship: That would be great too!!! :) :)

T.B.A
Anathema
Our Price: £7.99

This item will be released on 23 September, 2002. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when it arrives.

Audio CD (23 September, 2002)
Number of Discs: 2
Label: Recall
ASIN: B000069DZE
Catalogue Number: SMDCD435

Took that from the UK Amazon site. Danny are you aware that you will have recorded the dual albums by then and that the price is so cheap! I'm just wondering if I do order it now - will they have to stand by that price plus how are you's boys gonna make any money out of it? Looks like I'll have to buy another t-shirt just to help band funds next time you play Belfast (you are coming back again aren't you?)

Have you actually recorded anything yet or got all the songs completed?