Is Antimatter the new Anathema?

To my humble opinion i think that Duncan needs to have his own project, his baby. I'm quite happy with that, we have two great bands instead of one!!!

Originally posted by speakinstone
Yeees, I'm going!!!! :hotjump: I tried to book the tickets yesterday to that place they play (Tivoli) but the local ticketservice didn't know yet about that gig..I'll try again today. So you're coming with..!?! ;)

I'm kinda hurried now but I'll be back...

I'd really want to go, but I can't be sure about my holidays just yet (not to mention my financial situation :( ) Those fuckers might not let me keep a couple of days off in december 'cause it's gonna be quite busy here... :mad:

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
What about the gig on the 14th? That would be saturday, so with careful planning I might just not have to take any days off work. Maaaaaaaan, why everything can't be easy and simple? :mad: :hotjump:

Easy and simple..? :lol: Oh no, that wouldn't be life then.. :p

You know, there's BloodRose's gig on 14 December.. so me and bro are not able to go then.. :(
But I'll book couple of extra tickets to that gig on 12th (not to sell yet..?), 'cause I'm not yet sure if more people are going there. So if you'll decide later to come with, you could..;)

Originally posted by oe
well burn, on the last point u made, that may be true cause the songs antimatter played at their gigs were songs that duncan wrote..so it has more of a certain feeling then it has when people who didnt write the songs play them...its the same thing with a fine day to exit or judgment, if antimatter were to cover those songs, it wouldnt feel as good or the same as if the guys that are now in anathema played it..about the initial gig thing, i dunno, maybe that day things didnt go perfectly and it didnt give u as good of a feeling as the one in 99. but antimatter and anathema are 2 different things..i dont think should replace anathema with antimatter for any reason, u can dislike one of them or prefer one to the other...but not replace. thats what i think. oe.

mmmm I dunno some covers are better that the originals (take In Power We entrust the love advocated by DCD then by gathering... or the covers antimatter did live kicked ass!!)

So I dunno.. I do belive that Duncan is ultra talented!!! and that he has a perfect team with Mick and Danny!

Burn

Originally posted by Ivo
Do you think guys that it's possible, Duncan to go back to Anathema, someday?

I don't think so, he would have to learn the songs from Judgement (which he even hasn't heard yeat) and AFDTE, and knowing that Dave played on those cd's I don't think he wants to, and I don't think neither that they would just drop the songs from the last 2 albums from their live playlists....
And I don't want Antimatter to quit! :)

..and so are Danny and Mick, too..of course! :headbang:
(looked so.. eh..some?, that previous one..:rolleyes: )

And yes, I'm talented too(!), but kinda different way..:lol: as also Hitler probably knows..:D :D :D

[B
And yes, I'm talented too(!), but kinda different way..:lol: as also Hitler probably knows..:D :D :D [/B]

Think before you type, girl! :lol: That looked as.. err.. funny as Forlorns (it was him, wasnt it?) "I need a ride! My girfriend needs a ride!" :D

But to answer your statement, yes, you are talented. No doubt about it. Just like me. :)

Easy and simple..? :lol: Oh no, that wouldn't be life then.. :p

You know, there's BloodRose's gig on 14 December.. so me and bro are not able to go then.. :(
But I'll book couple of extra tickets to that gig on 12th (not to sell yet..?), 'cause I'm not yet sure if more people are going there. So if you'll decide later to come with, you could..;)

Uh oh.. this gonna be difficult :cry: I'm not sure yet, what to do. Maybe I'll pull my "sickday -card" from my sleeve :D So you're taking the plane back to Finland when? Friday? If I manage to get days off, I could go to saturdays concert also :eek: but I don't know anything about Holland, so I can't tell if the concerts are too far away from each other? Help? Daan? Anyone? :D

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
I don't think so, he would have to learn the songs from Judgement.
Hm, I don't think that could be a problem... the songs actually are not too complicated...
Anyways, if someday Dunc go back to Anathema - then I'm sure that they'll release something really amazing, something different!!:)

it wont happen
but it doesnt need to anyway. and whoever said anathema are tired and antimatter is a rising force was right

Think before you type, girl! :lol: That looked as.. err.. funny as Forlorns (it was him, wasnt it?) "I need a ride! My girfriend needs a ride!" :D

But to answer your statement, yes, you are talented. No doubt about it. Just like me. :)

Think BEFORE typing..? Oh yes, that's how it should goes..uups :rolleyes:
But it doesn't. Can't help it..(what the twisted minds you people have!) :D
:)

:cool: Talented we yet are, oh yes.

Originally posted by pagan2002
it wont happen
but it doesnt need to anyway. and whoever said anathema are tired and antimatter is a rising force was right

It would be unfair to say that Anathema are in a state of decadence,as it sometimes has been stated and compare them with Antimatter,which is a rising force,with fresh,raging energy,which,though,has not yet experienced the pernicious consequences of time...

Sorry Sophia it seem someone just disagreed...
And I actually sahre that opinion... Musically speaking but also the atmosphere in the band seemed to change too much to keep Anathema alive for a long time... I would say they will do something like one maybe two other albums and they'll stop... I'm not especially sad when I think about that...
Just because for me Alternative 4 and Judgement are far better than AFDTE...
And I prefer a band that stops on top than a band that carries on too long and stop after some crappy things...

Burn

Uh oh.. this gonna be difficult :cry: I'm not sure yet, what to do. Maybe I'll pull my "sickday -card" from my sleeve :D So you're taking the plane back to Finland when? Friday? If I manage to get days off, I could go to saturdays concert also :eek: but I don't know anything about Holland, so I can't tell if the concerts are too far away from each other? Help? Daan? Anyone? :D

I guess we're going back on friday, yes..

Yesterday I mailed that club(?), Tivoli, to ask when the tickets will be on sale. So I may know more when I'll get to work to check my mails..?
Too far away each other..? Well, Holland's not that big country you know.. Eh, actually I don't know much about it either, I've visited in Amsterdam couple of years ago. That's all..(and was not too sober there..)
:D :cool: