The Anathema forum has been put up at.....

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
God damn.. I give up. It still says that Crack Hitler is taken, even though I can't find anybody named that way from member-search :mad: :confused:
Try 'Crack_Hitler'. It might be that the one there doesn't accept nicks in two words, and maybe there's already someone called 'Crack'?

Regarding some things talked about here:

link length
The shortest direct link to the forum is:
http://www.doom-metal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=SF;f=25

It is close to impossible to be shorter then that, bookmarking it is the way to go :p

The shortest way to all the band support forums (yes we are a LOT smaller then Ultimate Metal, we also don't ask money however ;) ):
http://www.doom-metal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=SC;c=7

Shortest link to the entire forum:
http://www.doom-metal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Can't make it any easier then that :p

Regarding smilies
We actually have more then Ultimate metal has. We used to have even more, until we got screwed over by an old host who stole our money, locked us out, left us without our website (that was fun). I'm still in the proces of rebuilding that smilie database. But like Heiko said, using the more smilies and even more smilies options (same as you have a "get more" here) will show you a lot more. Not to mention you can also click on the button with a smilie that is set with all the other iB (like vB) code buttons that will directly put you on mysmilies.com :p

Regarding the nickname Hitler
Some time ago because people where thinking up more and more abusive and shocking nicknames I decided to disallow very obviously nicknames that could possible be insulting. Hitler and anything with it is probably a part of the ones I came up with back then to block.

regarding speed
We don't have any speed problems as far as I am aware off. Sometimes the internet can just be slow and all. It isn't always the website your visiting. Of course we are not ultimatemetal. We have a good hosting service now and have very few problems and speed issues. But of course we aren't Ultimate Metal who from the amounts they apparently need to pay have a dedicated server and a massive backbone. Obviously if we had that we would never be down, ultra fast 100% when possible.. and of course we would be asking for money to host forums too ;) All in all I've not ever heard much about speed problems or experianced them myself.

Every forum has it's own distinct features. That is all I can offer. I'm also now not sure about that other topic in which there seems to be another Anathema forum to be set up? I don't want to cause a split or anything and we (at doom-metal.com) are not after forcing ourselves to get the forum. I did put quite a bit of work into it after we got some positive sounds about wanting to move to doom-metal.com. So I kind of would like to know what and how. Before we do accidently cause a split.

I had a serious speed problem only when accessed it the first time (whatta irony). Now the speed is ok, to be honest don't see any difference with Ultimate metal...

I have tried quite hard to make the forum look the same, so people won't be bothered more by the change then they already will be. A few things are different and I'm still looking into getting a quick reply box as well...

What caused it to be slow for you can be any number of reasons. From a bad connection somewhere on the internet, to that perhaps just at that time our server had a lot to process or was some maintance was being done to it (we run on a server together with the Theatre of Tragedy website and a few others. All the websites hosted by Darkwood as they are our ISP for the domain name - which is nice as it's a 1 man company who is very dedicated to service. But it does mean it's a small company without the resources to have multiple servers, to have backup servers, etc.).

I have closed down the new Anathema forum on Doom-metal.com.

I'm kind of disapointed I had to find out by reading a random post on another forum that the guys of Anathema did not want to move, to then hear nothing until Heiko could confirm this for me. Nobody however could be bothered to tell me this.

I've offered Anathema a free forum without having to pay for it, on a reliable host, I've spend over a day in getting the look the way it was here and making sure everything was alright. Putting in a lot of time and effort into it. Because I was asked to help Anathema / this forum out. So atm I am VERY disapointed in the way things have been delt with. Esp. as nobody could even be bothered to tell me anything about not wanting to move after all.

I am also a bit puzzled why if you get offered a free forum, without advertisements, etc. you still choose to pay for a forum with advertisements. I can only guess at the motives here. But needless to say... I'm kind of disapointed. I guess they won't want to be associated with doom-metal.com (guess we must do something wrong). At least tell me something like this before I spend a bloody day trying to get the look the same as here and put in a lot of offer, confuse people, etc. Ohwell, in the end it's not really upto me and I hope everything will work out getting things financed to keep the forum going here. Best of luck with that.

Note that I offered to help out after I got asked to help out. I never intented to push for a change. Simply to help out a forum / band in trouble... If nobody asked me to help out I would never have known as I don't normally visit UM.

Asgorath, you have a point. I too believe some people should have behaved better. If the same thing happened to me I'd be really pissed off. Anyway... hope this will be sorted out.

I'm not really angry, just a bit disapointed on how I had to find this out. And of course it's kinda harsh to find out people would rather pay somebody (and even endure advertisements) then be hosted on your website for free (without advertisements). But ahwell, it's of course easier for everbody here. Not angry or anything :p

Originally posted by sol83
Excellent.

Ni it's not, it seems there were some misunderstandings 'bout this one, and Asgorath couldn't help 'bout it... he did a fine job with the temporary forum...
yeah I liked the blue more then this black, whatfor? well because it's just so fucking standard... sometimes I like to do things the opposite way, so some flashy blue wasn't bad at all...) :p

:err: ok..this is gettin to cause kinda confusion in me..? :confused:

So now, we're staying here?! Both the Anathema and Antimatter forums..? Suits me, yes :headbang:
But feel no good for Asgorath..:cry: that he's spent his time and gone to a lot of trouble to help us.. but thanks man, anyway! :) :) :)

btw this new colour rule! makes kinda unique look to the forum.. ;)

Originally posted by Mariner
Ni it's not, it seems there were some misunderstandings 'bout this one, and Asgorath couldn't help 'bout it... he did a fine job with the temporary forum...
yeah I liked the blue more then this black, whatfor? well because it's just so fucking standard... sometimes I like to do things the opposite way, so some flashy blue wasn't bad at all...) :p
yeah, I tune my monitor brightness and contrast darker in order to keep my eyes and now it's a bit hard to read it, but probably will get use to...
And really bad things happened with the other forum - it's like a huge embarassment - I liked the dedication Asgorath gived to us for free - and as being a doom freak I think that will still post in the MDB board there.

I'd suppose Danny's gonna pay the costs..? Well, can't say that for sure ( :guh: as it comes, after all these moves from place to another and back and so on..), just got this thought by reading the threads here, somewhere..? ;)

:D rules, yes! :D

Bwah, I was so eagerly waiting for the 75 post mark, when I would've got to nonsense-forum :D Now I don't have much to talk about at doom-metal, than some general-forum bullsh*t, not to mention the time that would take me to read and write to three-four different forums...

As far as I like My Dying Bride and reading the topics - I think that will find a good friends there...