Our small tribute to antimatter

Everyone can practise their part by themselves, and then we come together for a dress rehearsal.

Or we could do it via msn.

simpsonsburns.jpg

hey thanks for the input, rottenangel and others :Spin:

so here it is, our "in stone:"

http://users.skynet.be/fa393289/don/Umit, Sencer, Emre - In Stone.mp3

it's 13 mb, so the sound quality is much better than saviour. there are a few noises due to the production in the beginning but it's not that disturbing.

oh and one other funny thing. i didnt know the poem bit in the middle (the one mick wrote...about goals and being carved in stone) by heart (and im really ashamed about that. 'cause it's lovely) so i read a section from pink floyd's "sheep" there.

and as for the credits:

emre - acoustic rhythm guitar, all vocals
sencer - bass
ümit - (fretless) electric lead guitar

ümit used an electric guitar this time so it sounds much better than the first one.

hope you enjoy it and please dont forget to leave comments.

and you know we're always up for an antimatter tribute compilation *hint hint*

oh and susie let me know when you want to upload it. cheers

I listened to Saviour last night, falling asleep, it was funny with all that tinkling, but I think you have a good voice, as far as I remember at least.

Okay, I listened to In Stone too, but I think Saviour is better, I felt In Stone is out of tune sometimes, though that might be due to the recording. But actually, I don't know why you chose In Stone, one of the hardest songs to give justice to cause it's not as melodic as, for example, Saviour. Your voice is better in Saviour too. It badly needs female vocals though :D

I'm saying all of this only to balance the flattery :)

I heard fretless bass several times, if that counts, and it sounded not like shite at all, but of course that guy studies jazz and plays in three bands and is a music teacher so he can play well.

Well microtones are small variations in tone that lie between the normal full and half tones.Jaco Pastorius used to use these a lot using harmonics he regulalry used the six harmonic tones that lie between the fifth and second frets of the bass.I don't really know much about fretless guitars all I've read about it is that each one is tuned uniquely and there is a spot on each string where a certain harmonic can be found to which you tune that string.If anyone knows anyone about this can they tell me.It's actually quite interesting.

It sounds fucking complicated, I mean not for the regular ear. I'm not sure if I could even tell the difference between microtones and the surrounding non-microtones. And how do you tune the other intstruments to it?

Maqus said:
Okay, I listened to In Stone too, but I think Saviour is better, I felt In Stone is out of tune sometimes, though that might be due to the recording. But actually, I don't know why you chose In Stone, one of the hardest songs to give justice to cause it's not as melodic as, for example, Saviour. Your voice is better in Saviour too. It badly needs female vocals though :D

I'm saying all of this only to balance the flattery :)
you're right, though. im not a vocalist and my voice isnt that good. in stone was actually much harder than saviour for me. it's just that my friend wanted it more than i did. i wanted to do expire.