Outworld

Gains

New Metal Member
May 18, 2007
I just came across this progressive band and WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. I am taken with this entire band. When I heard War Cry...I was thinking, oh man, what the hell is this? That opening scream by Carlos Zema is amazing. Then I was informed that Kelly Sundown Carpenter was the original vocalist. I can't stop watching any of their you tube videos. Raise Hell is another kicking song. And City of the Dead. I can't believe I am only hearing about these guys now. I hope they get a tour going soon, now that they won Famecast, because this is the metal that I live for.

They have to be on for next year's Prog Power....HAVE TO

www.myspace.com/outworld

They played the pre-party at Progpower VI, and they just recently were the headliners at TEXAS MADFEST, which was Carlos Zema's USA debut, and needless to say they were awesome.

As far as a tour????? I think there is one in the making, with MEYVN and there maybe another sometime next year if they can swing it, and I am with you they need to Play at ProgPower again, and they will have a new album out sometime early next year hopefully.

That's awesome, Gains! I'm glad you really enjoy the band! Like Pyramaze51 said, they played at ProgPower's pre-party when Kelly was with them and then at our festival Texas Madfest last month in Houston. They have also played on the NAMM showcase and, well, you know about Famecast.com already! :D Outworld are definitely some truly talented musicians whom I am honored to also call friends. They will be touring and releasing a new album soon! Stay tuned or more details! :)

So who is the singer that I hear on the MySpace site? Is it Carlos? VERY reminiscent of '80s style vocals and I love it. He kinda sounds like Leather Leone from Chastain back in the day. That was meant in a good way.

So who is the singer that I hear on the MySpace site? Is it Carlos? VERY reminiscent of '80s style vocals and I love it. He kinda sounds like Leather Leone from Chastain back in the day. That was meant in a good way.

Yep, that's Carlos! He has a great set of pipes!

BTW, the money they won from Famecast.com helped get Carlos' Visa extended for 3 years! :headbang:

I really enjoy Outworld's debut and Carlos seems like a great fit for the band, he did an excellent job on the EP he recorded with Vougan and I'm looking forward to hearing him on new Outworld material.

In fact, my current ring tone is a clip from 'The Grey Tide.' :lol:

I really enjoy Outworld's debut and Carlos seems like a great fit for the band, he did an excellent job on the EP he recorded with Vougan and I'm looking forward to hearing him on new Outworld material.

In fact, my current ring tone is a clip from 'The Grey Tide.' :lol:
Can you imagine 'War Cry' as a ringtone! :headbang: :lol:

I've been checking out Zema's other material with Vougan and Heaven's Guardian. Killing the Night and Screams of 1964 are awesome songs. I am so dam impressed with Zema's range. He's got the whole package. He even has the growl thing down. He is such a great vocalist. I read Rusty Cooley discovered Zema from his work with Vougan. Still cannot get over this band though!!!!!

I've been checking out Zema's other material with Vougan and Heaven's Guardian. Killing the Night and Screams of 1964 are awesome songs. I am so dam impressed with Zema's range. He's got the whole package. He even has the growl thing down. He is such a great vocalist. I read Rusty Cooley discovered Zema from his work with Vougan. Still cannot get over this band though!!!!!

Amen! A good band to never get over :) I love Zema's growl too.. I hope he uses it more on the new material!

I think that this lineup is going to see some serious payoff for all the hard work trying to get it off the ground!

YES! With all the talent in that band, it's hard to imagine otherwise.

I should definitely set that up! I've already had some interesting looks from people after the Gojira ringtone I have went off in public. :lol:

Let me know when and where I can download it! I wish I had bluetooth because I know I could get it that way :erk:

I just came across this progressive band and WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. I am taken with this entire band. When I heard War Cry...I was thinking, oh man, what the hell is this? That opening scream by Carlos Zema is amazing. Then I was informed that Kelly Sundown Carpenter was the original vocalist. I can't stop watching any of their you tube videos. Raise Hell is another kicking song. And City of the Dead. I can't believe I am only hearing about these guys now. I hope they get a tour going soon, now that they won Famecast, because this is the metal that I live for.

They have to be on for next year's Prog Power....HAVE TO

www.myspace.com/outworld

I agree. Outworld is astounding.

I'd love to see them tour the U.S. and, possibly, appear at a future PPUSA.

Bill

I love it when other metalheads share the same liking for a band. And it's awesome when a member of the band posts a comment!!!!!