Overkill is coming to rip your face off. NEW ALBUM!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Many of you know about this already but for those of you who don't here is a reminder... March 25, 2003 the new Overkill album "Kill Box 13" will be released. Be sure to check it out as soon as it hits the shelves. It will be one of the hottest metal albums of 2003. The new song "Devil By The Tail" has been being played on local metal radio shows all over the place and its getting a strong reaction. The new album will have you banging your head to the point it explodes. I am suped for this album, anyone else?

I'm not a huge huge fan of Overkill although they have some good stuff. I mainly wanted to say your nick is cool. :p

just about any album that brings metal more positive attention and such is cool with me.

Thanks for the compliment. Yup im trying to bring more attention to Overkill's new cd. They are a great and as known as they are they are just about equally unknown. They are very underated and deserve good sales and support on the new album. Thanks for replying.

Soul of a new Machine said:
I was at the March Metal meltdown last week. I was there to see BLAZE first US performance and wanted to see Overkill the same night but it was so late I had to go before their performance :( (I live in Canada)

That really sucks Overkill is like the best band live :devil:

I've heard the entire new record, and it does slay. A bit more diverse than Bloodletting (which was my "recent-era" fave of theirs) overall, there's some cool stuff going on with guitars and guitar effects and a bigger variety in song tempos. But fear not, at the end of the record they shift into overdrive, as the last three songs are complete punishers.

I also recently got to interview Blitz for a metal magazine out here. He fuckin' rules, that's all there is to it.

It is actually good that you didnt stay for Overkill. The whole festival was having sound check problems all day and by the time Overkill came out it was after 1 am. After 45 minutes of playing the place pulled the power on them and shut the lights out. The fans and the band were pissed. Overkill will never do Metal Meltdown again. They said they'll be back in the area soon enough though.

TheGraveDigger said:
It is actually good that you didnt stay for Overkill. The whole festival was having sound check problems all day and by the time Overkill came out it was after 1 am. After 45 minutes of playing the place pulled the power on them and shut the lights out. The fans and the band were pissed. Overkill will never do Metal Meltdown again. They said they'll be back in the area soon enough though.

I know man! Too bad... BLAZE were supposed to play around 8:00 they ended up playing at around 10:40 or something. They had to cut 2 tracks from their setlist :( Did Nile played a whole set between BLAZE and Overkill? Cutting power is rather stupid, it's not the band's fault and they didn't had to pay for other people's problem, but I guess it have something to do with some laws :err: