Overkill - The Years of Decay (10/10)

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Overkill are a thrash machine, and if anyone has any doubts about this, listen to this album. Right off the bat, when Time to Kill starts, you know your in for a kick ass album expierence. This is merciless thrash, and Overkill certanly live up to their name. Bobby Blitz is the man, and his high-pitched vocals are some of the best. "Elimination" is my favorite song here, it's fast, great to sing along to, and the solos shread. Basically, Overkill rules and so does this album. THRASH :headbang:

1. Time to Kill
2. Elimination
3. I Hate
4. Nothing to Die for
5. Playing with Spiders / Skullkrusher
6. Birth of Tension
7. Who Tends the Fire
8. The Years of Decay
9. E.vil N.ever D.ies

This was the first Overkill album I got. I like their first three albums better though, especially Feel The Fire. Rotten To The Core is pure ownage! :kickass:

Probably, my favorite songs from Years Of Decay are Elimination, I Hate, and the ten minute long Skullkrusher.

I used to think The Years of Decay was perfect and the best Overkill, but recent listens made me realize there were several long weak sections. I think the album is too slow and boring at a few points. This album was certainly a huge change from the sound on Under The Influence, which was the first I had heard of Overkill back in 1989. My fave though is Horrorscope, pure thrashtastic.