overkill tour lies

WD

Aug 30, 2001
www.
CM has put out a press statement that appeared on blabbermouth.net and bravewords....it is totally false. We did not withdraw from the tour to work on our new cd. We were told the tour was cancelled. At this time they are trying to force us to resign before our contract is up....so come to your own conclusions

nevermore, along with cryptopsy are the only bands worth a fuck on that label. i hear CM totally robs every band they have too. nevermore shoulda signed with a good label, or better yet be self-sufficient. i swear, i dont understand why nevermore arent at least big enough to have their own headlining club tour and sell it out. i think they have enough modern elements to be that successful. why arent they, then?

They aren't fucking over Cryptopsy and SYL too are they?
That would be very stupid. They're screwing Iced Earth, they're screwing Nevermore. If they screw Cryptopsy and SYL, what good are they? Not much in my book.
Wow, it sucks that they are being such cock-masters. I always liked Century Media alot and it has great bands, but now I think i'm liking Nuclear blast more now in light of Century Media jamming the stick farther up their ass then they had before. Nuclear Blast has lots of good bands though; In Flames, Children of Bodom, and there's more I can't rememebr off the top of my head. They kick ass. Unless Nuclear Blast are dicks and I just don't know it. But Centruy Media and Nuclear Blast are both owned by the same company now right? I hope that doens't mess up Nuclear Blast at all. It better not.

This came from KNAC.com:

"Century Media Records released the following statement
is response to accusations by Nevermore that they pulled
the band from the Overkill/Scar Culture tour as a ploy
to get them to re-sign to the label: "There seems to
have been some confusion regarding the press release
issued last week by Century Media's publicity department
about the Overkill/Nevermore/Scar Culture tour.
Nevermore and the label were in favor of doing the
initial proposed dates but due to the recent current
touring climate and some promoter skepticism, Overkill
has decided against doing the 10 date tour in favor of
only two shows at L'Amour in Brooklyn, New York on
November 23rd and Jaxx in Springfield, Virginia on
November 24th. It was only after they were informed of
the cancellation in dates that their commitment to the
tour was reconsidered. With the amount of recent touring
Nevermore has been involved in, flying across the
country for only two shows seemed to be against the
band's best interest. Any recent contractual
renegotiations had simply nothing to do with the
situation. Scar Culture and Overkill will still play the
two shows. We apologize for any confusion this may have
caused."

Cheers!

This sucks, big time!
I just hope everything will work out well...
Like we say here in Holland:
" Boontje komt om zijn loontje!"
(what goes around, comes around)

xxx Iris xxx

Don't let them pull you down!

CM is so badly screwing Arch Enemy! Wages of Sin has been done, ready nad released in Japan for something among the lines of half a year! and we don't have it yet! they don't even have dates when it will be out! I know that Arch ENemy want extra tracks and stuff on the American versions and what not, but why is it taking so lonG!
CM SUCKS!!