Overlooked songs

With any album i buy i have a tendency to immediately gravitate towards the faster songs and overlook the slower songs for a while.

For instance for the first 6 or 7 months that i owned Once Sent from Golden Hall I never played the eponymous track Amon Amarth all the way through. I just kept skipping past it. Then one day the song came on my mp3 player as i was cleaning my bathroom i think. My hands were dirty and i didn't want to reach into my pocket, so i just let the song play. That was the moment i discovered the pure genius of the song and it's been one of my favorites ever since. :)

Same thing with Arson. I had long skipped past it but one day i was riding my bike and decided to let the song play through as my mp3 player was hard to reach. It put me in a trance and i was totally blown away by its power and depth. You could make a fuckin' movie out that song. The sense of history and "feel" for events in the lyrics, in combination with the music, are simply magnificent.

I listen to the faster songs more at first, but I always listen all the way through at least once.

I got into AA...let's see, I think I heard Burning Creation (something off Sorrow) on Pandora, and it kicked my ass. So I youtubed them and watched all their videos. Then I bought once sent (decided to start at the beginning). Then I got that, and just bought everything else. Avenger and Crusher were last, and are my least favorites, though they both pwn.

Risen from the sea - The intro is total massiveness
Bloodshed - A sing a long catchy chorus
Gods of war arise - epic song with a great harmonic melody and great instrumental parts.

Bloodshed they always do live (not sure why, it's a good song but my least favorite on that album).

As Long As The Raven Flies is another one. Great song. Lyrics are quite stirring.

Still unsure about the "riff" (If it qualifies) in as long as the raven flies...sounds like a massive wall of distortion rather than a distinct chord. I've been unable to emulate it.

i guess we can all come to the conclusion that Amon Amarth albums should be heard from start to finish coz this is not pop music which is a fuckin single driven business.
it's metal and it's amon amrth, all songs are written to perfection

i guess we can all come to the conclusion that Amon Amarth albums should be heard from start to finish coz this is not pop music which is a fuckin single driven business.
it's metal and it's amon amrth, all songs are written to perfection

on the other hand, you can pretty much throw on any song and it works fine.

I think Arson might be my favourite off of FoN. Fucking incredible buildup throughout the song, and the story in the lyrics...my god the story!

that was my 'first favorite' off that cd.

i didn't realize till a year later (after chasing down the lyrics online) that the story was continued in the next song.:headbang:

I feel Metalwrath may get overlooked or is that just me? Well it is a killer song but I haven't heard it anywhere near as much as The Last With Pagan Blood or Bleed For Ancient Gods (all off The Avenger album).

that was my 'first favorite' off that cd.

i didn't realize till a year later (after chasing down the lyrics online) that the story was continued in the next song.:headbang:
YOU PIRATE BASTARD!
Over a year and you never bought the album?

I feel Metalwrath may get overlooked or is that just me? Well it is a killer song but I haven't heard it anywhere near as much as The Last With Pagan Blood or Bleed For Ancient Gods (all off The Avenger album).
Metalwrath is a joke song, so...
Still, the intro where he's like "WRATH HATE PAIN AND DEATH!" is so fucking metal. It's a good song, but the lyrics are a joke - the name of every song + a random dig at Hammerfall.

noooo no no no

versus the world was very heartily recommended to me, but the store didn't have it, so i bought fon and wooos instead. just never bothered with the lyrics till later.

as for the other cds... well, i plead the fifth... i did manage to drag some friends to the cleveland show though, and as we all know ticket sales > album sales so it all evened out :) i hope...

I don't think Asator could be considered overlooked.
Also, they play Down The Slopes Of Death and Bloodshed at almost every show.
But Legend Of A Banished Man is definitely not given much love. It's pretty good, though, and the lyrics are pretty cool.