Own City Tourism

Dec 27, 2004
Has anyone done this? I haven't, but this Friday me and some fellahs are going to concoct some adult beverages and go on a tour of lovely Boston as if we where tourists ourselves, complete with lamented maps! Haha! I have a feeling it's actually going to turn out to be a very good idea.

I've done a little of this. Nashville's much much smaller than Boston though so there's not many places I haven't seen. Fun idea though.
I sometimes get a kick out of driving through the rougher parts of town just to see what's going down. Try it. It's like bizarro tourism

im not going close to the inner city Fifth Ward. this crakkker aint coming out.

Houston is OK, like some of the museums and shit, but outer Houston (Kemah, The Woodlands, Galveston) are more fun and nicer.

I've done a little of this. Nashville's much much smaller than Boston though so there's not many places I haven't seen. Fun idea though.
I sometimes get a kick out of driving through the rougher parts of town just to see what's going down. Try it. It's like bizarro tourism

Sounds like a good plan!

Friday though I think we are going to just walk the Freedom Trail (the path Paul Revere took through Boston). It's really nice, only 2.5 miles, and passes through many historic sites. Also I think the Union Oyster House is along the way, which is a bar he used to drink at himself. The oldest bar in America in fact! It's impressive.

I spent alot of my last couple of years at High School doing this kinda thing. I got bored with school and as I passed the station on my daily commute there I often ended up on a train into the city. Discovered quite a bit about Melbourne I otherwise had no idea of. Was enjoyable actually. I'd drink coffee, read in the botanical gardens, visit the Church of Scientology.