Stop Believin'
Free Me, Leave Me
Fire In The Brain

Cool ass release!!

:kickass:

Great album !!

They were called "the Oz" before "Oz" and the
vocalist now sings in a quit popular (in Finland) pop-rock band if
I'm correct...(let's ask Tsorl, he maybe knows...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great album !!

They were called "the Oz" before "Oz" and the
vocalist now sings in a quit popular (in Finland) pop-rock band if
I'm correct...(let's ask Tsorl, he maybe knows...)

It's the bass player Jay C. Blade, he now plays bass for the definitely non-metal band Yö under the name Jukka Lewis. The vocalist is actually off even worse, according to Wikipedia he's now living in Sweden... :erk:

Don't have this album personally, quite rare on CD I guess?

SEARCH LIGHTS! Did a cover of that song in an early incarnation of FS.

Classic. :)

"Search lights" what a song! :headbang: But I don´t imagine Final Stage covering that tune in a progressive metal style :lol:

"Fire in the brain" is an underground classic. Almost an EP (less than 30 minutes), it´s simple, direct but totally catchy. I love guitar work.

I´m just listened a YÖ tune. :puke:

"Search lights" what a song! :headbang: But I don´t imagine Final Stage covering that tune in a progressive metal style :lol:

Well, most of our songs aren't that much more "progressive" than Search Lights. :p

I popped Fire in the Brain into my CD player this afternoon. God it was good to hear that album again.

I think this weekend I'll go back and listen to some obscure 80s discs like:
Picture - Eternal Dark
Titanic - And There Was Rock
E-X-E - Stricken By Might
Sword - Metalized (It doesn't get better than this - seriously)
Maybe some old school Warlord, Jaguar, and Exciter too. :headbang:

Don't have this album personally, quite rare on CD I guess?

It's actually quite cheap at The End Records...
http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3387/.f

@PM74, I just played 3 cds from your list last month when I passed through my buddy's house in Idaho. We were doing a retrospective around the bonfire one night and played:

Picture - Diamond Dreamer/Eternal Dark (on one disc)
Warlord - Best of
Sword - Metalized

Also played Malice - License to Kill that night too!

Talking 'bout Picture. They have reformed and are still sounding pretty good !!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzFJPOmev8Q&feature=related[/ame]

Who remembers this gem??

Oz-FITB.jpg

Search Lights
Fortune
Megalomaniac
Black Candles
Gambler
Stop Believin'
Free Me, Leave Me
Fire In The Brain

Cool ass release!!

Excellent disc indeed. I bought the vinyl back then, then the CD re-issue. Its only problem is that at 28 minutes, it's way too short...

Third Warning and Decibel Storm are also cool, but not as great. Were these 2 ever released on CD format? I did transfer my vinyls to CD-R (also cleaned the trx) a while ago, so I can still play them fine.

Roll The Dice had a bad production, was more hard rockish and sounded like a completely different band.

Talking 'bout Picture. They have reformed and are still sounding pretty good !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzFJPOmev8Q&feature=related

Thanks for this!! Lady Lightning is a great track from the best Picture album IMO. Eternal Dark is also an excellent disc but the rest is pretty forgettable IMO. I'd like to see a DDV, and a new album, in the style of the 2 ones I mentioned.

And yes, the whole band sounds very good after all these years away from the scene.

Some more "reformed" Picture from their Sweden Rock show this last June 2008.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HfMuA4I7Ug&feature=related[/ame]

Excellent disc indeed. I bought the vinyl back then, then the CD re-issue. Its only problem is that at 28 minutes, it's way too short...

Third Warning and Decibel Storm are also cool, but not as great. Were these 2 ever released on CD format? I did transfer my vinyls to CD-R (also cleaned the trx) a while ago, so I can still play them fine.

Roll The Dice had a bad production, was more hard rockish and sounded like a completely different band.

I don't think those other two were re-issued ever. I'm still waiting to nab FITB!! :lol:

But yes! A GREAT album!

The 28 minutes doesn't bother me though. It's like any GREAT CD/Album from the early 80's or 70's. Look at most classic Sabbath albums.

Back then, bands would release more albums yearly and they would be in the half hour range.

The result? All killer and no filler.

Quality over quantity in my book..unless the CD kicks ass for over an hour straight through.

That's why alot of my new music is METAL..becaue it rarely let's me down in this sense. Sometimes it does,where I think a CD would have been better shorter..but not often.