ozzy blizzard and diary 30th anniversary editions

mdmatt4ever

Sep 27, 2006
anyone get these yet? i am getting them this weekend. i saw the documentary that comes in the big boxset. once again ozzy and sharon act like bob daisley and lee kerslake never existed. makes me sick.

these were actually do in november 2010 but pushed back. i found out why they were pushed back. all of the stuff ozzy originally stated would be included (demo's, studio chatter, unreleased live stuff) is mostly owned by daisley. daisley was offered a 1 time sum for the recordings without any future royalties and he flat out said no. ozzy and sharon had to go back and try to put together something to add as bonus content and thats why they were pushed back. daisley said they would more than likely remove and edit the tracks to make it appear ozzy had more to do with the writing process than he did.

Is it the version with Bob and Lee? If it's the re-records, then I flat out refuse. I already dislike remastered audio as it is, so I doubt I will buy these.

its the original albums. the diary of a madman includes an unreleased disc of live stuff that smokes the TRIBUTE album

I've got it, if your a Randy Rhoads era Ozzy fan this is a very cool box. The highlight of the box is probably the DvD. There is about 30 minuetes of never before seen Ozzy/Randy footage. The quality is not the greatest, although the person who filmed it was right up front they had to change tapes every 3 mins so most of the songs get cut off at some point, there are no complete songs. THere are two clips from the Diary of a Madman show that were filmed by a local news company, the quality is better but's it from a strange angle from the far stage right on Rudy Sarzo's side. There's also a documentary on the disc in the style of the "Classic ALbums" series if you've ever seen that.

The other thing really cool is the live CD, I would say it's much better than "Tribute" more live sounding and with more excitment and energy.

There are two vinyl versions of Blizzard and Diary which sound really good to my ears. Remasted versions of the cds which sound good and a really cool photo book with lots of awesome pics.

Only big negative is that there are no pics of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake and they are never mentioned in the documentary on the dvd.

bob daisley ripped the shit out of the documentary just going to town on all of the lies in it.

some examples:
- ozzy did not just agree to do the 2 shows at the palladium in the same day. he and sharon had a big fight about it and i went to sharon myself and told her we play the next 4 days so having someone sing 6 shows in 5 days is not going to work. sure enough by the end of that stretch ozzy was struggling and only got 1 day of rest

- sharon says making blizzard and diary were some of the best times of her life. she was in l.a. the entire time the band was in england recording blizzard of ozz.

-basically every story ozzy tells about what a lyrics are about is incorrect but too long for me to go over

Picked up Dairy on release date the bonus tracks are great but the live album is a real treat! The downside is the lack of additional liners...I just ordred the Blizzard disc on Friday should have it in the next day or so...
That wasn't a documentary it a fucking "infomercial!" It lacks Lee's and Bob's input--Ozzy wasn't the only person there after all....

I think the Churchill quote (at least I think it was Churchill) "History is written by the victors" applies here, Ozzy or more so probably Sharon has more of a voice and power than Bob or Lee so she has decided to rewrite history to her own benefit.

no clue if the new live album is from 1 concert or many concerts but it kicks the shit out of the TRIBUTE album

I think the Churchill quote (at least I think it was Churchill) "History is written by the victors" applies here, Ozzy or more so probably Sharon has more of a voice and power than Bob or Lee so she has decided to rewrite history to her own benefit.

Of course they did it! Sharon has no scruples whatsoever.

Got the set just because I love RR. :worship: It is cool and all but it is missing Bob and Lee... There are barely even any pictures of them in the large book. All in all it is cool but missing the whole story. Bob is supposedly putting out a book soon that will tell the whole, true story so that will be a must read. There are a few good interviews on YouTube with Bob and he explains a lot of the stuff but as usual, he is pimping his book to a bit so you don't get the whole story.

The live disc is pretty cool but I am not all that sure where it is all from. I have tons of boots from back in the day and I have done some comparing and none if it matches up one to one. Sounds to me as though Ozzy filled in some of the between song banter... even though some songs are exact... Most of Ozzy's between song shit from back in the day had the "F" word as every other word so that wasn't going to make it on the new stuff... Crazy Train is from a Live in Montreal (7-28-1981) boot which has EXCELLENT sound quality. It is a soundboard recording so it is pretty sweet. The original Tribute show from Cleveland (5-11-1981) is a fucking AWESOME boot and was really killed when they mixed it for Tribute. The original boot mix SMOKES!!! A few of those songs on Tribute were from another show... can't remember right off hand. If you get a chance and like Randy, grab these two boots from somewhere. They are basically perfect with mistakes and all!!

That wasn't a documentary it a fucking "infomercial!" It lacks Lee's and Bob's input--Ozzy wasn't the only person there after all....

I agree with this 100%!

Pisses me off that they refuse to accept the fact that Daisly wrote 98% of the lyrics on the first two discs... and the Jake discs also!

It is so past the fact anymore that why do they continue to ignore this fact??? Fucked! :devil:

Got the set just because I love RR. :worship: It is cool and all but it is missing Bob and Lee... There are barely even any pictures of them in the large book. All in all it is cool but missing the whole story. Bob is supposedly putting out a book soon that will tell the whole, true story so that will be a must read. There are a few good interviews on YouTube with Bob and he explains a lot of the stuff but as usual, he is pimping his book to a bit so you don't get the whole story.

The live disc is pretty cool but I am not all that sure where it is all from. I have tons of boots from back in the day and I have done some comparing and none if it matches up one to one. Sounds to me as though Ozzy filled in some of the between song banter... even though some songs are exact... Most of Ozzy's between song shit from back in the day had the "F" word as every other word so that wasn't going to make it on the new stuff... Crazy Train is from a Live in Montreal (7-28-1981) boot which has EXCELLENT sound quality. It is a soundboard recording so it is pretty sweet. The original Tribute show from Cleveland (5-11-1981) is a fucking AWESOME boot and was really killed when they mixed it for Tribute. The original boot mix SMOKES!!! A few of those songs on Tribute were from another show... can't remember right off hand. If you get a chance and like Randy, grab these two boots from somewhere. They are basically perfect with mistakes and all!!

i thought on tribute "goodbye to romance" and "no bone movies" date from and earlier gig?

They do...I can't remember the show but those two songs actually have Bob and Lee on them as they are from an early live show.

I was very suspicious of the live disc as Ozzy usually re-records his vocals in the studio for his "live" albums, that doesn't seem like the case here but Ozzy sounds really good and his pitch is on for the most part.