Ozzy gives Zakk the boot!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123387

"Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak," Ozzy told Classic Rock, "and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know. I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?"

Wow...although, I can't say I'm surprised. ;) I wonder if Ozzy got sick of all those fuckin pinch harmonics like the rest of us. :lol:

I've got a guy from Greece coming in — not the musical, the country of Greece — but I'm not going to say too much about it, 'cos I don't know myself at this point.

Gus G anyone?

props to ozzy....as much as he sounds like he's out of his
mind, really don't think he is when it comes to his music.
zakk hasn't written anything interesting in years so this
is no surprise at all!

john 5 smokes....i'm he'd get the nod before gus just because
of the writing....

"Team Ozzy" is probably familiar with John 5 from past Ozzfests and the Ozzy/Rob Zombie tour a few years back. If Ozzy would get John 5, he would have 2 former members of Rob Zombie's band (Blasko - bass). Would his music start to sound like Rob Zombie instead of BLS then? :Smug:

"One thing about a guy who can't do all the finger-tapping stuff is that he plays better on the riffs 'cos it's not all [hums riff for 'Iron Man' followed by over-the-top widdling]."

hah!

"One thing about a guy who can't do all the finger-tapping stuff is that he plays better on the riffs 'cos it's not all [hums riff for 'Iron Man' followed by over-the-top widdling]."

hah!

Man, why all the hating on the finger-tapping. Rhandy Rhoads tapped all the time and he was arguably Ozzie's best sideman!

And, yes, this announcement makes me happier than a pig in shit. Remember that short period of time when Vai was doing stuff with/for him? That would have been 'wylde', buhwahwahwa.

He should get Jake E. Lee back. A nostalgia factor is prolly the only thing that would get me to see Ozzy nowadays.