OZZY OSBOURNE Sues TONY IOMMI Over Ownership Of BLACK SABBATH Name

using the gorgoroth case as precedent, iommi started the band, therefor its his band
~gR~
Iommi and Ward, actually.

GhostVoices said:
But think about it people: Tony is the ONLY original member who never left the band!

Why should he not be the only owner under these conditions?
And if you want to get technical, Iommi DID leave Sabbath once, so this also makes no sense. Before the recording of the first album, Iommi briefly left Sabbath to join Jethro Tull. He came back after one performance, but to say he never left Sabbath is false.

I'm not saying I agree with Ozzy, I think this suit is greasy as fuck as well. But the ownership of the Sabbath name should belong as a 25% split between the original 4, not just Iommi.

And if you want to get technical, Iommi DID leave Sabbath once, so this also makes no sense. Before the recording of the first album, Iommi briefly left Sabbath to join Jethro Tull. He came back after one performance, but to say he never left Sabbath is false.

I remember the Jethro Tull story, but I believe Black Sabbath was put on hold because of his leaving, and the band didn't do anything without him either. Also you have to that into consideration that Black Sabbath never recorded any albums without Iommi, and he was the only bandmember to feature on every album that was released.

Any real Sabbath fan knows that Iommi IS Sabbath, and there's no other way around it. Ozzy was only on the first 8 albums, and while that was their peak, it was by no means the end of the band's creative output, and certainly not their only good material. If anyone aside from Iommi deserves a 50% share, it's Geezer Butler anyway, not Ozzy.

The Iommi/Osbourne clash of the egos will apparently never end. It's a shame to see these two men still at each other after all this time.

Pretty bold to claim 50%. Not only Iommi, but Geezer and Bill Ward have been more important to the creativity of Black Sabbath than this reality show star.

Any real Sabbath fan knows that Iommi IS Sabbath, and there's no other way around it. Ozzy was only on the first 8 albums, and while that was their peak, it was by no means the end of the band's creative output, and certainly not their only good material. If anyone aside from Iommi deserves a 50% share, it's Geezer Butler anyway, not Ozzy.

This post. Geezer and even Ward contributed more during that period than Ozzy. I don't see how spending the better part of a decade warbling while out of his mind on drugs entitles him to a 50% stake in the ultimate heavy metal band.

He used to be great when he was in Black Sabbath. There's not really anyone else who could fill his shoes and sing those songs the way that he did. However, he hasn't been musically relevant for a long time and gets more attention for his antics and TV appearances nowadays.

Except... and this is the problem... Real Sabbath fans are in an extreme minority in looking at this.

I think Ozzy's vocals are unique, but not necessarily the best for that music. I'd like to hear some different vocalists sing the early stuff. Obviously Dio's voice wouldn't be suited for it, though.

The Iommi/Osbourne clash of the egos will apparently never end. It's a shame to see these two men still at each other after all this time.

Except that Iommi has his head on straight, and Ozzy clearly doesn't...and hasn't in a VERY long time.

I wish Ozzy would just go away. Around '88 would have been a perfect year for him to die/retire/go away - or at least somewhere between Tribute and No Rest. His legacy has since been tragically tarnished and just when I think it can't get worse...it get's worse...and then it get's even worse than that. It never ends.
i'm pretty sure that this is all sharon's doing
No doubt. I'll bet Ozzy doesn't even know about this lawsuit, he's so fucking senile. Sharon's most likely run up some huge bills and now they're in debt hence the lawsuit.

If Ozzy wins this, I'm never buying Sabbath merch again.

You would think a band with musicians as talented and innovative as Sabbath would have been able to snag something other than the (near) bottom of the barrel of vocalists. Ozzy/Dio/Halford? Wish I could get past the vocals to enjoy them but I can't.

Why mention Rob Halford? Not only was he not a member of Black Sabbath, but he's also definitely nowhere near the bottom of the barrel as far as metal singers go.

Out of curiosity, I'd also be curious to know who you think are the cream of the crop as far as metal singers go.