Ozzys new one

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Does anyone who has heard it actually like the album? Its the most generic hard rock ive heard in ages, the slow tracks are TOTAL rip offs of beatles songs, and the riffs are pretty well crap. So is ozzys singing, but thats ok, he is always bad :D I cant believe it took him 6 years to come up with this.............
If i become prime minister I will declare a national day of mourning because Ozzy has lost his fucking mind :mad: :mad: :mad:

*sigh*

I figured as much. :cry:
It's a bitch because No More Tears and Live and Loud are fantastic.

Originally posted by Sydo
I figured as much. :cry:
It's a bitch because No More Tears and Live and Loud are fantastic.

I love no more tears, thats such a GREAT album! Whereas I dont love the new one, because its crap. :cry: Someone should point out the difference to Ozzy.

Originally posted by phlogiston
I can only listen to the first 5 or so songs on No More Tears. The last half of the album just doesn't do it for me.

Actually, I agree with you there, except for road to nowhere which I love, the last half of the album isnt that good, but the first half more than makes up for it :)

Mark: Yeah I know, I just dont understand how he let himself be talked into writing songs with the people he did.......Ozzys always been really lucky in that the guitarists he worked with (Rhoads, Wylde, Lee, the other guys I cant remember) all seemed to be able to keep Ozzy on the right track, he shouldnt have ignored Zakk this time, I mean Zakk didnt even get to do the rhythm tracks for gods sake.

Originally posted by phlogiston
I can only listen to the first 5 or so songs on No More Tears. The last half of the album just doesn't do it for me.

I've got to agree with that myself. sigh..

Originally posted by spawn
Mark: Yeah I know, I just dont understand how he let himself be talked into writing songs with the people he did.......Ozzys always been really lucky in that the guitarists he worked with (Rhoads, Wylde, Lee, the other guys I cant remember) all seemed to be able to keep Ozzy on the right track, he shouldnt have ignored Zakk this time, I mean Zakk didnt even get to do the rhythm tracks for gods sake.

Yeah, Ozzy's been one of those frontman whose creative success has always depended on other people - his guitarists, that bloke who wrote all his early lyrics (and still does, perhaps?)... as far as I know, he makes no contributions other than some melody lines...

Ozzmosis has Perry Mason. That songs rocks. Does this new one have 'anything' going for it?

as far as I know, he makes no contributions other than some melody lines...

You mean to say he sits there and humms to his guitarist?
What a creative genius. :err:

Sadly I agree. I heard it twice this weekend and find it very boring. Its basically a clone of different songs. Zakk definitly had no part in this album. Where on hell is those dynamic guitar riffs we are so used too.

I did expect this however. I mean the way his health is.. he could be dead tomorrow.

Osmosis was much better. There are no Perry Masons on this one!!

Well at least if Ozzy's new solo album sucks, there's a greater chance that the forthcoming Sabbath platter will be good.
I know I'm kidding myself here, but I need at least one dream to cling to...

Speaking of disappointments, I heard three tracks from Live Evolution last night :cry: . What the hell is the story with that godawful production, and where has Geoff's voice gone? I wasn't too keen on Kelly Gray's Angus Young-esque intro to "Revolution Calling" either.

W

What are you blabbering about? I thought Live Evolution sounds quite good.

Then again, this is only the second Queensruche album I own, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.:cry:

I had no problem with Live Evolution whatsoever. Apart from the lack of a few songs I would have liked to see (a few more from Empire, a few more from Promised Land) I thought it was pretty much perfect.