Paging Diabolik...

Just curious, how did they go over?
I don't mean to sound like a hater, but they aren't terribly well received around these parts.

That's too bad too...I just heard the new unreleased Withering Soul album & it it easily one of the best Black Metal albums I've ever heard...from an American BM band that is. :headbang:

Personally, I don't understand the hype around Nachtmystium, but this new WS album crushes anything I've ever heard from Nacht. For WS's sake, I hope they get picked up by a decent enough label to help get it out to more people.

That's too bad too...I just heard the new unreleased Withering Soul album & it it easily one of the best Black Metal albums I've ever heard...from an American BM band that is. :headbang:

Personally, I don't understand the hype around Nachtmystium, but this new WS album crushes anything I've ever heard from Nacht. For WS's sake, I hope they get picked up by a decent enough label to help get it out to more people.

After seeing them live before Finntroll....I can go for the rest of my life with never having to see or hear them ever again.

Rob, you must not listen to too much black metal.

After seeing them live before Finntroll....I can go for the rest of my life with never having to see or hear them ever again.

Rob, you must not listen to too much black metal.

Sometimes you can't quite judge a band by what they sound like live.

For example, if I were to judge Agalloch solely based on their live performance (not just one either...about 10), I would never understand why people like them as much as they do...however, when I hear their music recorded, I have a completely different appreciation & then understand why.

What's Agalloch like live?

The music is very stripped down...just vocals, 2 guitars, bass & drums...nothing else. The atmosphere & dynamics they successfully capture on their albums is completely gone live.

Although, this was the case on their European tour with NovDoom back in 2006. It's possible that maybe they would make it more of a production if it were a one off fest performance...one can hope.

IMO...unless you were an Agalloch fan before you saw them live, it's very doubtful you would walk away a fan after ONLY seeing them live.

Are you nuts!!!! Nomans Land and Thrudvangar are great. I cant wait to see who is the headliner for this year!

Are you kidding?? It is going to be the ORIGINAL METAL VIKING himself....
THOR!!!!!!!
thor.jpg