Pain Covering songs.

Rocking Metalaholic

Rocking Metalaholic
Jan 25, 2006
Jackson, MO., USA.
Which band and their song would be cool to be covered by Pain? I like to see him cover another Beatles' song "Maxwell's Silver Hammer".

The vaudevillian-style song is about medical student Maxwell Edison, who uses his silver hammer to murder his girlfriend Joan, then his teacher, and finally the judge during his murder trial.

Judging from the text it would fit.

Beatles' song "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" was very upbeat but creepy lyrics:

Joan was quizzical, studied pataphysical
Science in the home
Late nights all alone with a test tube
Ohh-oh-oh-oh...
Maxwell Edison majoring in medicine
Calls her on the phone
"Can I take you out to the pictures
Joa-oa-oa-oan?"
But as she's getting ready to go
A knock comes on the door...

Bang, bang, Maxwell's silver hammer
Came down upon her head
Clang, clang, Maxwell's silver hammer
Made sure that she was dead

Back in school again Maxwell plays the fool again
Teacher gets annoyed
Wishing to avoid an unpleasant sce-e-e-ene
She tells Max to stay when the class has gone away
So he waits behind
Writing 50 times "I must not be so-o-o-oo..."
But when she turns her back on the boy
He creeps up from behind

Came down upon her head
Made sure that she was dead

P.C. Thirty-One said "we caught a dirty one"
Maxwell stands alone
Painting testimonial pictures ohh-oh-oh-oh
Rose and Valerie screaming from the gallery
Say he must go free (Maxwell must go free)
The judge does not agree and he tells them so-o-o-oo
But as the words are leaving his lips
A noise comes from behind

Came down upon his head
Made sure that he was dead wo-wo-wo-oo
Silver hammer man

I think that "Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar" (from ablum "Wish You Were Here" 1975) is the real challange. I would love hear this song covered by PAIN.

I must say I like Eleanor Rigby too. If i'm correct peter was suggesting there was a coveralbum upcoming. But this was in the time of the old website ;)

Imo, no covers, or something really unexpected ;) PAIN songs are the best anyway.

Cheers

If i'm correct peter was suggesting there was a coveralbum upcoming. But this was in the time of the old website ;)

Cheers

Correct, there was a cover album planned, but that never happened. It was back in 2006 and some of those songs (i was involved in them) ended up in other shapes instead. Like on the Japanese version of the Psalms album, and on the double-digipack version of the Cynic album to mention some examples.

To bad there weren't any bonus tracks on the vinyl version of Cynic. Still a great item to have though :)

he should cover a song from Shania Twain , because of that interview on youtube, whit his obsession for shania twain :p

(search youtube: Peter Tägtgren about Shania Twain)

jeah hehe, the only problem is, her lyrics doesn't fit in that from pain, i think
and els do a cover from the bee gees (with the same voice:p )
nah, i really dont know what he should cover, like all of them so far, expecially Eleanor Rigby and play dead are well done

I hope to hear any KISS song.May be DO YOU LOVE ME.It`ll be great.I think this song is a very "PAIN-style" song and pretty cool for Peter`s vocals