Pain of Salvation and Flying Colors in SoCal

PapaJimH

Jan 31, 2004
I haven't posted in quite some time and I hope this isn't considered SPAM. I just want to make sure the word gets out to the right people...

POSwebsmall.jpg

This show is on September 28 (a week from today) and it's POS's first show on the West Coast. But ticket sales are surprisingly soft. I guess I've been unable to find the prog-metal fan base they have. If you know someone that might be interested, please pass the word along! I actually had a bunch of people buy tickets right after returning from Prog Power, one even said that in his opinion "POS was the best band there!". If anyone has any ideas where POS fans hang that it might be good to share this with, please post them in this thread!

And then the following Thursday...
CalProgFC2014small.jpg

They may not be "your cup of tea" but there's no denying the incredible amount of talent in this band! And they are all great to watch live.

All of this can be found at CalProg.com .

Thanks for your indulgence!

PapaJ

I will be at the Whittier show! One city away from me. My friends and I are getting the word out as much as possible. Pretty sure we are the guys that emailed you after ProgPower.

I would love to see Bend Sinister at the Flying Colors Thursday show but it's out of my price range. Especially since they are the opener and it's across town on a Weekday. L.A. traffic is unforgiving.

I'll be at this show. Can't wait! :D

It doesn't seem like whoever runs POS' Facebook page has done that much to promote this tour either. They've only mentioned it a couple times, more so in the past week, so many probably don't even know the tour is happening. That's really how I find out about most of my shows. Although this Whittier show is about double the price of the closest shows, you'll be spending that much more on gas anyways. But POS is definitely a band I'd spend $50 for.

That was a great show last night with Pain of Salvation! Even with some of the sound issues, they put on quite a show. I would have liked to have seen them play at least a couple songs from BE, Scarsick, or another from the Road Salts though. I knew they were going to focus on the older stuff, but I wasn't expecting them to completely neglect post-Remedy Lane. I'll just have to catch them again next time. :)