Pain of Salvation

Disconnected

Through Eyes of Regret..
Jan 19, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Just the obligatory hello, being that this is my first time posting. I've been reading this forum for some time now, primarily the recommendations of other Opeth fan's, who seems to appreciate the same aspects of music as I do. Because of the people here, I have discovered countless bands, as well as places to obtain discs, which can be difficult in Maine. Which brings me to my point.
I recently ordered Pain of Salvation's Entropia from The End Records, and to my surprise it contained the Japanese edition's track "Never Learn To Fly" as well as one from One Hour By The Concrete Lake "The Timeweaver's Tale". Needless to say I was quite pleased, paying $11.50 for a disc that would cost about $30 on Amazon.com.
Anyway, I was curious if anyone has ordered either One Hour By The Concrete Lake or The Perfect Element from The End Records, and if so, are any of the Japanese tracks included? Off to enjoy this piece of work. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum dissconnected and you can place me with the PoS/Opeth fan club.

Where in Maine are you from I was born in Bangor and we moved to NJ when I was young. Most of my family are still there so I get up there evry once in awhile.

Being in very southern Maine, there really aren't any large cities and as such cd shops with anything worthwhile are quite rare around here. I've actually used lasercd.com to order a few albums, namely Bath/Leaving Your Body Map and Elegeion's Through The Eyes of Regret. The Maudlin of the Well discs are excellent, I would've never imagined something of that degree of excellence to come out of New England. The only problem I've had with lasercd.com is that when I recieved those cds, they weren't shrink wrapped and the inserts were already slightly bent or creased, and the cases cracked, which was slightly disappointing. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, being that I seem to be full of questions, does anyone know where I can order the double disc release of Andromeda's Extension of the Wish, with the new singer? From what I've heard of the original, it's right up my alley, and would love to own a copy.

I havent stopped listening to Pain of Salvation since I stumbled across them about 6 months ago. I finally picked up all their cds after a few months of hard searching. I wish I could find all their bonus tracks but thats been pretty hard. I would love to know how they sound live.