Painmuseum

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
This maybe should go into the GMF, but since this is my forum and I heard so many bad thigs about the GM one :tickled: ... I need to ask here.

After Halford disbanded to rejoin JP, his main guitar Metak Mike and the awsome Bobby Jarzombek (drummer) joint with Steve DiGeorgio and a guy from some band to record an album that sounded like a promise of metal in our time.

Sadly now checking the samples (see the link below), I found that even if the music is fast and heavy is not really gripping and to worsen things the vocalist is half way a growler/screecher, so I'm not sure if this tries to be a melodic Death (whatever that is) or a harsh power/thrash album, or what. But for sure the vocals are a big down for me.

What people here think about the album, has anyone hear it already?

http://www.guitar9.com/guitarmusic9/metalforlife.html

Wyvern said:
Sadly now checking the samples (see the link below), I found that even if the music is fast and heavy is not really gripping and to worsen things the vocalist is half way a growler/screecher, so I'm not sure if this tries to be a melodic Death (whatever that is) or a harsh power/thrash album, or what. But for sure the vocals are a big down for me.

The first sample I've listened to was mallcorish "Live and Die". Was this really all that necessary? To hell with the mallcore! (did you notice 'pain' in the band name? Mallcore 'doodz' seem to like that word very much, they're always angry and bitching about something :D ) The rest of the songs are really good, somewhat thrashy metal, but the godawful vox ruin it completely for me! Now I can only imagine how good they would've sounded if they got themselves a vocalist with some talent...

Bobby, stick with Iced Earth or find a new vocalist! ;)

I quite like it. :)

When it is released I will get it. The guitarwork is great and I like the songs too.
It may not be old school but it still sounds good to me.

So far SickBoy has expressed my fellings exactly. The best part is that if you roam through Metal Mike website, they have t-shirt with no mallcore signs.

I wish that Bobby had returned to Riot after Halford broke up...

Wyvern said:
The best part is that if you roam through Metal Mike website, they have t-shirt with no mallcore signs.

You're kidding?! Hahhaah, that's hilarious! :tickled:

I wish that Bobby had returned to Riot after Halford broke up...

:erk: Oh man, how I wish he returned to Riot, what a blast that would be!
Bobby's probably my all time favorite drummer and fits Riot like a glove.